EAST Mentoring Program
EAST is pleased to announce the 2016 EAST Mentoring Program for members of EAST. This program is under the direction of the EAST Mentoring Section. The goal of the Mentoring Program is promotion of academic and personal growth of the young trauma and acute care surgeon by providing extramural mentorship over a 1-year period. We expect pairs to develop and submit an annual strategic plan, communicate with each other consistently, meet each other annually, and hopefully develop a long-term relationship.
The call for Mentee applications for the 2016 EAST Mentoring Program is now closed. The submission deadline to participate in the program as a Mentee was February 1, 2016. The EAST Mentoring Section will match Mentee to a Mentor by March 1, 2016.
- We are still looking for Mentors! To participate as a Mentor in the 2016 EAST Mentoring Program, email Rachel Dixon (firstname.lastname@example.org), EAST’s Meeting and Association Manager.
Looking for helpful tools, templates, and mentoring resources? Click on the EAST Mentoring Warehouse available to EAST members. Not an EAST member? Join today! Click here for additional details and to submit a membership application.
View the significance of mentorship expressed by Dr. Kimberly Davis during her Presidential Address at the 28th EAST Annual Scientific Assembly. She addresses the importance of mentoring during her presentation approximately 33 minutes into her speech.
28th EAST Annual Scientific Assembly Presidential Address Video
Look Both Ways by Kimberly A. Davis, MD, MBA, FACS, FCCM
Take a moment to recognize our dedicated Mentors and Mentees from the inception of the EAST Mentoring Program:
- 2012-2014 - EAST Mentoring Pairs (concluded in June 2014)
- 2013-2015 - EAST Mentoring Pairs (concluded in June 2015)
- 2014-2016 - EAST Mentoring Pairs (concluded in June 2016)
- 2015-2016 - EAST Mentoring Pairs (concluded in June 2016)
- 2016-2017 - EAST Mentoring Pairs (in progress, concludes in June 2017)
Contact the EAST Administrative Offices at email@example.com if you have any questions.