Leadership Development Workshop Scholarship
DO YOU WANT TO BE A TRAUMA LEADER?
The application system for the 2017 for the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma's (EAST) Leadership Development Workshop Scholarship will open in August, 2016. The application deadline is October 31, 2016.
In an effort to recognize young trauma leaders, EAST is seeking members who are interested in becoming future leaders in trauma and acute care surgery.
To aid in the development of these leaders, EAST selects up to five individuals each year to sponsor their course tuition for the three-year Leadership Development Workshop series. It is anticipated that individuals who apply for this scholarship will commit to participating in the three-year Leadership Development Workshop series.
The 2016 Workshop, was held during the 29th EAST Annual Scientific Assembly on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 from 8:30 am-4:00 pm at the JW Marriott San Antonio located in San Antonio, Texas. Click here to see the workshop schedule.
The application process and criteria for the future leaders are described below:
- Must be an EAST in good standing and not more than seven years out of residency or fellowship training.
- Must submit a current CV and demonstrate evidence of commitment to the field of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery.
- Must submit a letter of intent relative to their aspirations in the field of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery.
- Must submit a 250-word essay on the role of EAST in developing the leaders of tomorrow.
- Must submit a letter of support from either the Trauma Chief or Department Chairman.
- All required information (including letters of support ) must be received by the deadline.
Applications for this scholarship must be submitted using the online system. Please contact Christine Eme at the EAST Administrative Offices at email@example.com or by phone at 312.202.5508 for information on the application process.