Leadership Development Workshop
DO YOU WANT TO BE A TRAUMA LEADER?
The application system for the 2018 for the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma's (EAST) Leadership Development Workshop Scholarship is now open. The application deadline is October 31, 2017.
In an effort to recognize young trauma leaders, EAST is seeking members who are interested in becoming future leaders in trauma and acute care surgery.
To aid in the development of these leaders, EAST selects up to five individuals each year to sponsor their course tuition for the three-year Leadership Development Workshop series. It is anticipated that individuals who apply for this scholarship will commit to participating in the three-year Leadership Development Workshop series.
The 2018 Workshop, will be held during the 31st EAST Annual Scientific Assembly on Tuesday, January 9, 2018 from 8:00 am-4:00 pm (time subject to change) at Disney's Contemporary Resort located in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. Clickhere for a workshop schedule (subject to change).
The application process and criteria for the future leaders are described below:
- Must be a member of EAST not more than seven years out of residency or fellowship training.
- Must submit a current CV and demonstrate evidence of commitment to the field of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery.
- Must submit a letter of intent relative to their aspirations in the field of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery.
- Must submit a 250-word essay on the role of EAST in developing the leaders of tomorrow.
- Must submit a letter of support from either the Trauma Chief or Department Chairman.
- All required information (including letters of recommendation) must be received by the deadline.
Applications for this scholarship must be submitted using the online system. Please contact Christine Eme at the EAST Administrative Offices at email@example.com or by phone at 312.202.5508 for information on the application process.