Gun Licensing Laws
- Association Between Gun Law Reforms and Intentional Firearm Deaths in Australia, 1979-2013.
- Chapman S, Alpers P, Jones M.
- JAMA. 2016 Jul 19;316(3):291-9.
Rationale for inclusion: Observational study using Australian government statistics on deaths caused by firearms (1979-2013) and compared changes in intentional firearm death rates before and after gun legislation reforms in 1996. After gun law reforms, firearm deaths decreased and there were no mass killings with firearms.
Citations - 6 (as of September 2017)
- Homicide and suicide rates associated with implementation of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act.
- Ludwig J, Cook PJ.
- JAMA. 2000 Aug 2;284(5):585-91.
Rationale for inclusion: Compared firearm homicide and suicide rates between states after implementation of background checks and a waiting period.
Citations - 228 (as of July 2017)