CV - ECMO
- Extracorporeal carbon dioxide removal in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a systematic review.
- Sklar MC, Beloncle F, Katsios CM, Brochard L, Friedrich JO.
- Intensive Care Med. 2015 Oct;41(10):1752-62.
Rationale for inclusion: Systemic review of ECCO2R.
Citations - 30 (as of July 2017)
- Refractory cardiac arrest treated with mechanical CPR, hypothermia, ECMO and early reperfusion (the CHEER trial).
- Stub D, Bernard S, Pellegrino V, Smith K, Walker T, Sheldrake J, Hockings L, Shaw J, Duffy SJ, Burrell A, Cameron P, Smit de V, Kaye DM.
- Resuscitation. 2015 Jan;86:88-94.
Rationale for inclusion: Multi-component approach to cardiac arrest including ECMO.
Citations - 166 (as of July 2017)
- Position paper for the organization of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation programs for acute respiratory failure in adult patients.
- Combes A, Brodie D, Bartlett R, Brochard L, Brower R, Conrad S, De Backer D, Fan E, Ferguson N, Fortenberry J, Fraser J, Gattinoni L, Lynch W, MacLaren G, Mercat A, Mueller T, Ogino M, Peek G, Pellegrino V, Pesenti A, Ranieri M, Slutsky A, Vuylsteke A; International ECMO Network (ECMONet).
- Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2014 Sep 1;190(5):488-96.
Rationale for inclusion: Position paper for ECMO in ARDS.
Citations - 124 (as of July 2017)
- Predicting survival after extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for severe acute respiratory failure. The Respiratory Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Survival Prediction (RESP) score.
- Schmidt M, Bailey M, Sheldrake J, Hodgson C, Aubron C, Rycus PT, Scheinkestel C, Cooper DJ, Brodie D, Pellegrino V, Combes A, Pilcher D.
- Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2014 Jun 1;189(11):1374-82.
Rationale for inclusion: Development of RESP score to predict survivability after ECMO.
Citations - 144 (as of July 2017)
- Complications of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for treatment of cardiogenic shock and cardiac arrest: a meta-analysis of 1,866 adult patients.
- Cheng R, Hachamovitch R, Kittleson M, Patel J, Arabia F, Moriguchi J, Esmailian F, Azarbal B.
- Ann Thorac Surg. 2014 Feb;97(2):610-6.
Rationale of inclusion: Meta-analysis of complications related to ECMO.
Citations - 182 (as of July 2017)
- The PRESERVE mortality risk score and analysis of long-term outcomes after extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for severe acute respiratory distress syndrome.
- Schmidt M, Zogheib E, Rozé H, Repesse X, Lebreton G, Luyt CE, Trouillet JL, Bréchot N, Nieszkowska A, Dupont H, Ouattara A, Leprince P, Chastre J, Combes A.
- Intensive Care Med. 2013 Oct;39(10):1704-13.
Rationale for inclusion: Mortality and long term outcome after ECMO for ARDS.
Citations -178 (as of July 2017)
- Venoarterial extracorporeal membrane oxygenation support for refractory cardiovascular dysfunction during severe bacterial septic shock.
- Bréchot N, Luyt CE, Schmidt M, Leprince P, Trouillet JL, Léger P, Pavie A, Chastre J, Combes A.
- Crit Care Med. 2013 Jul;41(7):1616-26. d
Rationale for inclusion: VA ECMO in cardiac failure due to septic shock.
Citations - 108 (as of July 2017)
- Predictors of successful extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) weaning after assistance for refractory cardiogenic shock.
- Aissaoui N, Luyt CE, Leprince P, Trouillet JL, Léger P, Pavie A, Diebold B, Chastre J, Combes A.
- Intensive Care Med. 2011 Nov;37(11):1738-45.
Rationale for inclusion: Predictors for successful weaning off ECMO for cardiogenic shock.
Citations - 100 (as of July 2017)
- Position article for the use of extracorporeal life support in adult patients.
- Beckmann A, Benk C, Beyersdorf F, Haimerl G, Merkle F, Mestres C, Pepper J, Wahba A; ECLS Working Group.
- Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2011 Sep;40(3):676-80.
Rationale for inclusion: Position article for the use of extracorporeal life support in adult patients.
Citations - 84 (as of July 2017)
- Use of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for adults in cardiac arrest (E-CPR): a meta-analysis of observational studies.
- Cardarelli MG, Young AJ, Griffith B.
- ASAIO J. 2009 Nov-Dec;55(6):581-6.
Rationale for inclusion: ECPR metaanalysis.
Citations - 101 (as of July 2017)
- Tidal volume lower than 6 ml/kg enhances lung protection: role of extracorporeal carbon dioxide removal.
- Terragni PP, Del Sorbo L, Mascia L, Urbino R, Martin EL, Birocco A, Faggiano C, Quintel M, Gattinoni L, Ranieri VM.
- Anesthesiology. 2009 Oct;111(4):826-35.
Rationale for inclusion: Lung protection with low volume ventilation during ECCO2R.
Citations - 383 (as of July 2017)
- CESAR: conventional ventilatory support vs extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for severe adult respiratory failure.
- Peek GJ, Clemens F, Elbourne D, Firmin R, Hardy P, Hibbert C, Killer H, Mugford M, Thalanany M, Tiruvoipati R, Truesdale A, Wilson A.
- BMC Health Serv Res. 2006 Dec 23;6:163.
Rationale for inclusion: CESAR study CM vs ECMO for ARDS.
Citations - 166 (as of July 2017)
- Coagulation and anticoagulation in extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.
- Muntean W.
- Artif Organs. 1999 Nov;23(11):979-83.
Rationale for inclusion: Coagulopathy in ECMO.
Citations - 95 (as of July 2017)