HEME - Acute Anemia
- Transfusion requirements after cardiac surgery: the TRACS randomized controlled trial.
- Hajjar LA, Vincent JL, Galas FR, Nakamura RE, Silva CM, Santos MH, Fukushima J, Kalil Filho R, Sierra DB, Lopes NH, Mauad T, Roquim AC, Sundin MR, Leão WC, Almeida JP, Pomerantzeff PM, Dallan LO, Jatene FB, Stolf NA, Auler JO Jr.
- JAMA. 2010 Oct 13;304(14):1559-67.
Rationale for inclusion: The TRACS trial, the cardiac surgery version of the TRICC trial
Citations - 619 (as of July 2017)
- Does the storage time of transfused red blood cells influence regional or global indexes of tissue oxygenation in anemic critically ill patients?
- Walsh TS, McArdle F, McLellan SA, Maciver C, Maginnis M, Prescott RJ, McClelland DB.
- Crit Care Med. 2004 Feb;32(2):364-71.
Rationale for inclusion: This study addresses part of the controversy of efficacy of stored blood products and oxygen delivery.
Citations - 269 (as of July 2017)
- A multicenter, randomized, controlled clinical trial of transfusion requirements in critical care. Transfusion Requirements in Critical Care Investigators, Canadian Critical Care Trials Group.
- Hébert PC, Wells G, Blajchman MA, Marshall J, Martin C, Pagliarello G, Tweeddale M, Schweitzer I, Yetisir E.
- N Engl J Med. 1999 Feb 11;340(6):409-17.
Rationale for inclusion: The original TRICC trial that set the standard of Hb goal of 7.0.
Citations - 4256 (as of July 2017)