Special Topics - End of Life
- Changing the culture around end-of-life care in the trauma intensive care unit.
- Mosenthal AC, Murphy PA, Barker LK, Lavery R, Retano A, Livingston DH.
- J Trauma. 2008 Jun;64(6):1587-93.
Rationale for inclusion: Trauma -specific paper on end-of-life care in the ICU
Citations - 125 (as of July 2017)
- Prognostication during physician-family discussions about limiting life support in intensive care units.
- White DB, Engelberg RA, Wenrich MD, Lo B, Curtis JR.
- Crit Care Med. 2007 Feb;35(2):442-8.
Rationale for inclusion: On of the original yet contemporary prognositication papers in critical care
Citations - 124 (as of July 2017)
- Clinical practice guidelines for support of the family in the patient-centered intensive care unit: American College of Critical Care Medicine Task Force 2004-2005.
- Davidson JE, Powers K, Hedayat KM, Tieszen M, Kon AA, Shepard E, Spuhler V, Todres ID, Levy M, Barr J, Ghandi R, Hirsch G, Armstrong D; American College of Critical Care Medicine Task Force 2004-2005, Society of Critical Care Medicine.
- Crit Care Med. 2007 Feb;35(2):605-22.
Rationale for inclusion: Goals for family involvement in goals of care conversations
Citations - 800 (as of July 2017)
- Dying in the ICU: perspectives of family members.
- Heyland DK, Rocker GM, O'Callaghan CJ, Dodek PM, Cook DJ.
- Chest. 2003 Jul;124(1):392-7.
Rationale for inclusion: Classic paper, well quoted, on family member persectives of the ICU dying experience
Citations - 203 (as of July 2017)