- Open versus closed treatment of fractures of the mandibular condylar process-a prospective randomized multi-centre study.
- Eckelt U, Schneider M, Erasmus F, Gerlach KL, Kuhlisch E, Loukota R, Rasse M, Schubert J, Terheyden H.
- J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2006 Jul;34(5):306-14.
Rationale for inclusion: In a multi-center, randomized controlled trial, operative repair of mandibular condyle fractures was found to be superior to conservative, nonoperative management in objective and subjective measures.
Citations - 195 (as of July 2017)
- Cranio-maxillofacial trauma: a 10 year review of 9,543 cases with 21,067 injuries.
- Gassner R, Tuli T, Hächl O, Rudisch A, Ulmer H.
- J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2003 Feb;31(1):51-61.
Rationale for inclusion: Large retrospective review of 9,543 patients to find that older age was associated with facial fractures and soft tissue injuries while younger patients more often sustained dentoalveolar injuries.
Citations - 601 (as of July 2017)
- A system for classifying mechanical injuries of the eye (globe). The Ocular Trauma Classification Group.
- Pieramici DJ, Sternberg P Jr, Aaberg TM Sr, Bridges WZ Jr, Capone A Jr, Cardillo JA, de Juan E Jr, Kuhn F, Meredith TA, Mieler WF, Olsen TW, Rubsamen P, Stout T.
- Am J Ophthalmol. 1997 Jun;123(6):820-31.
Rationale for inclusion: Both open and closed globe injuries were classified by injury mechanism, visual acuity, presence of an afferent pupillary defect, and depth of injury to standardize assessment and management.
Citations - 491 (as of July 2017)
- Ten years of mandibular fractures: an analysis of 2,137 cases.
- Ellis E 3rd, Moos KF, el-Attar A.
- Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1985 Feb;59(2):120-9.
Rationale for inclusion: Assaults, falls, and motor vehicle collisions caused the majority of the 3,462 mandible fractures in 2,137 patients.
Citations - 545 (as of July 2017)