New Hanover Regional Medical Center Posted Dec 12, 2017
Trauma Program Manager – Trauma Services
The Trauma Program Manager works under the supervision of the Director of Emergency and Trauma Services. The Manager is responsible for the development of strategic planning and directing of activities of the Trauma Program including Performance Improvement, Injury Prevention, Regulatory Compliance, and Trauma Education for both the medical center and the region including Southeastern Regional Advisory Committee (SERAC).
• Responsible for trauma performance improvement process for the trauma program, monitoring and correcting any identified deficiencies, and ensuring PI loop closure, all in accordance to standards defined by NC rules regulating trauma centers and the American College of Surgeons. Responsible for planning and coordinating designation and verification site visits to standards
• Designs and oversees the Trauma Services budget and ensures compliance that includes multiple grant funding sources and cost centers. Collaborates with the Medical Director and determines realistic revenue projections/goals and implements strategies to achieve them
• Coordinates and develops standards, policies, procedures, and protocols to assure effective and timely care to trauma patients throughout NHRMC. Maintains excellent working relationships with Medical Center departments while representing the department's interest in interdepartmental activities to anticipate and respond to changes occurring within the Medical Center
• Develops and directs the Trauma Services strategic plan for the hospital annually. Develops and directs the Trauma Services Performance Improvement and Patient Safety program. Coordinates communication resources including, TraumaLink, Trauma Services web pages, Multi-disciplinary Trauma Conference, Trauma Annual Report, educational classes, etc.
• Supervises, coordinates and provides leadership to employees of Trauma Services. Facilitates professional development of direct reports
• Maintains leadership role in community, and represents the medical center in community and state work-groups for the purposes of improving trauma care for the populations served
• Directs the trauma registry. Assures data timeliness, reliability and validity, with assistance from the trauma registrar, as defined by state rules regulating trauma centers and the ACS
• Supports the integration of services of the hospital into the continuum of care for the trauma patient, including injury prevention, pre-hospital care, resuscitative care, critical care, rehabilitation, case management, substance abuse, and other therapies
• Assumes a leadership role in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Southeastern RAC plan for trauma care and disaster planning. Oversees the development of injury prevention and public trauma education programs for the Trauma Program and SERAC
• Collaborates with the Medical Director to represent New Hanover Regional Medical Center Trauma Services at the local and state level. Actively participates in state trauma meetings. Participates in the development of a state trauma system
Education: Master’s Degree required
Licensure / Certifications: Registered Nurse in North Carolina. Acquires and/maintains all appropriate licensure/ certifications for trauma care
Experience: A minimum of 5 years progressive management experience with 5 –7 years of experience in pre-hospital care, emergency care, ICU, or flight. (Preferably, a combination of at least two listed). Budget management experience required. Experience in educational programming and systems development is required. Working knowledge of ACS verification standards, experience completing RFP's and coordinating site designation visits required.
How to apply
Wilmington, NC is a growing coastal community of around 100,000 people in Southeastern North Carolina. Enjoy living and working where most people vacation. Year-round boating, golf, fishing, tennis, and biking are available. We have a vibrant, historical downtown with excellent restaurants and an active cultural arts community.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center offers a benefits package designed to ensure access to quality healthcare and help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
• Teaching hospital, regional referral center, and Level II Trauma Center
• Southeastern North Carolina’s largest employer with more than 6,900 employees
Leading Our Community to Outstanding Health
Join Our Talented Team Today! Apply:
EOE - NHRMC is committed to inclusion and diversity
2131 S. 17th Street
Wilmington, NC 28401
|New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Trauma Program Manager – Trauma Services
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. EAST is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.