A series of audio interviews addressing upcoming research and its application to the injured patient, education efforts related to trauma, and novel methods in the management of injury.
Listen and earn CME Credit
Select Traumacasts now eligible for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit TM self-assessment credits toward Part 2 of the ABS MOC Program. Visit the EAST Education Center for details.
Listen via iTunes Subscribe
- Effects of Obesity in the Care of the Traumatically Injured - Podcast #34
- 11/02/2013 A discussion with Dr. Rob Winfield regarding the effects of obesity in the care of the traumatically injured.
- An interview with our President, Dr. Sagraves regarding the future of EAST.. - Podcast #33
- 10/30/2013 A discussion about the future of EAST with our President, Dr. Sagraves.
- Complex_Abdominal_Wall_Hernia_Repair - Podcast #32
- 09/01/2013 A discussion with Dr. Khashayar Vaziri regarding repair of complex abdominal wall hernia, use of mesh, and placement techniques
- Vasopressin Following Hemorrhagic Shock - Podcast #30
- 07/31/2013 A discussion with Dr Carrie Sims regarding her research into vasopressin deficiency following hemorrhage and its potential role in resuscitation
- Starting A Trauma_Center - Podcast #29
- 07/15/2013 A brief discussion of political and financial issues faced when The Trauma Center at Penn opened in 1988. Many of the same issues are still faced by trauma directors in new trauma centers.
- Damage Control Resuscitation - Podcast #28
- 07/01/2013 A discussion of damage control resuscitation - what it is and how to implement it and why. An interview with Michael Rotondo, MD.
- Blunt Splenic Injury - Podcast #27
- 04/18/2013 A discussion regarding the management of blunt splenic injury with reference to the EAST Practice Management Guideline on this topic.This Traumacast is eligible for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit TM self-assessment credits toward Part 2 of the ABS MOC Program. Visit the EAST Education Center for details.
- Deep Hypothermia - Podcast #26
- 02/20/2013 Emergency Preservation and Resuscitation Trial evaluating deep hypothermia for cardiac arrest following penetrating trauma. Discussion with Dr Sam Tisherman, the PI for the study.
- Hypertonic Saline Prehospital - Podcast #25
- 12/29/2012 A discussion with Dr. Eileen Bulger regarding her two trials evaluating the role of hypertonic saline in the pre-hospital setting.
- Coagulopathy Trauma TEG - Podcast #24
- 12/28/2012 A discussion regarding causes of coagulopathy in trauma and the use of TEG in its diagnosis and management
DISCLAIMER: THIS WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED TO, AND DOES NOT, PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. All health care content available on or through this website is presented by the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma ("EAST") for general informational purposes only and must not be regarded as a substitute for advice, diagnosis or treatment by a professional health care provider. THE EAST DOES NOT RECOMMEND OR ENDORSE, AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY RELATING TO, any particular products, procedures, opinions or other information presented or referred to on or through this website(including but not limited to the content of any advertisement), except for any statements specifically identified as expressing a policy or position officially approved by EAST.
Apple's iTunes lets you subscribe to EAST's Traumacast and other podcasts so that new episodes are delivered to your computer automatically. If you have an iPod, iPhone, or iPad, new podcast episodes will automatically be synchronized each time you connect it to your computer.
Subscribe to the feedusing other software (e.g. your favorite feed reader).