EAST Community Outreach Volunteer Sign Up
EAST COMMUNITY OUTREACH 2018
Public Access Hemorrhage Control and
Training for Non-Medical Personnel
Volunteer Sign-up - Complete by December 31, 2017
The 2018 EAST Community Outreach Program will focus on public access hemorrhage control training for non-medical personnel and will include training centered around the Hartford Consensus™, Stop the BleedSM, and BleedingControl.org. EAST volunteers will be taking part in a large-scale training program that will provide you information on how to facilitate a similar training at your own institutions and in your own communities.
The EAST Community Outreach program, now in its seventh year, is being coordinated by the EAST Injury Control and Violence Prevention Committee. The program will be held on Tuesday, January 9, 2018 from 7:00 am-4:30 pm in conjunciton with the 31st EAST Annual Scientific Assembly. The program location is being determined and will be at Disney's Contemporary Resort or Disney's Grand Floridian Resort. Breakfast and lunch for volunteers will be provided by EAST.
- Volunteers needed to assist with training non-medical personnel on hemorrhage control
- Who will be trained - Walt Disney World® Safety, Security, Medical, and Other personnel
- The program will be a "train the trainer" format so those participating can train additional personnel
- Trainings - Four 90-minute sessions with an estimated 125-150 people per session
- 8:00 am-9:30 am - Training 1
- 10:00 am-11:30 am - Training 2
- 1:00 pm-2:30 pm - Training 3
- 3:00 pm-4:30 pm - Training 4
EAST Community Outreach History - Since 2012, EAST has hosted a Community Outreach Program in conjunction with its Annual Scientific Assembly. From 2012-2016, the program educated more than 3,000 high-school students on the dangers of distracted and impaired driving. In 2017, EAST shifted focus to hemorrhage control training for non-medical personnel. Watch the videos and see the positive impact of the EAST Community Outreach Program.
Volunteer - Complete by December 31, 2017