EAST is proud of its role in providing leadership and development for young surgeons active in trauma and acute care surgery. Whether you are a new member or long-standing member, there’s a place for you. Volunteering can help you learn new skills and make important connections with other surgeons.
EAST conducts an annual Call for Volunteers in the summer. If you are interested in serving on an EAST Committee, complete the online Call for Volunteers form by the deadline. Look for the Call for Volunteers email notification sent to all EAST members and complete the online form by the deadline. You must complete the online form to be considered for an appointment. Appointments for the next volunteer year will be finalized in November; an email communication confirming your appointment for the upcoming year will be sent to you.
The work of EAST's strategic Divisions and Committees keep the organization strong and relevant. For a list of specific Divisions and Committees and current committee members, go to Rosters.
Standing Committee and Committee terms:
- Standing Committee terms are three years in duration running from January - January unless otherwise specified.
- Committee terms are three years in duration running from January – January unless otherwise specified.
General expectations and responsibilities of serving
- Ability to communicate through email and respond in a timely manner to requests to review and provide input. Communications with the committee are ongoing throughout the year.
- Available for conference calls held on an as needed basis.
- Attend one face-to-face committee meeting per year held during the Annual Scientific Assembly (responsible for own meeting registration, travel, lodging and incidental expenses).