2018 John M. Templeton, Jr. Pediatric Trauma Symposium
Mar 2–3, 2018
The Union League of Philadelphia
140 S Broad Street
Philadelphia , PA 19102
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children announce the Annual John M. Templeton Jr. Pediatric Trauma Symposium.
Trauma is the leading cause of childhood death and disability. However, pediatric trauma care continues to provide significant and unique challenges. This two-day national symposium will provide the healthcare practitioner with up-to-date clinical information for the management of injured children and their families. Current issues will be addressed across the continuum of trauma care.
Since its inception in 2001, the John M. Templeton Jr. Pediatric Trauma Symposium has grown to be a nationally recognized resource for cutting-edge as well as basic multidisciplinary pediatric trauma education — a one-of-a-kind conference.
This national multidisciplinary conference is designed for all healthcare professionals involved with the care of injured children, including:
- Pediatric and adult trauma surgeons
- Emergency medicine physicians
- Trauma medical directors
- Trauma program managers
- Nurses and nurse practitioners from emergency departments, intensive care units, peri-operative departments, medical-surgical units and rehabilitation centers
Upon completion of this live activity participants should be able to:
- Describe current treatment and technological advances that decrease pediatric death and disability.
- Discuss how trauma affects the physical and emotional future of the pediatric patient.
- Identify strategic measures to reduce the incidence of pediatric traumatic injuries.
To learn more, please visit www.templetontrauma.org.