Developing Your Interest in Palliative Care - Careercast #46
In this Careercast, Dr. Salina Wydo interviews Dr. Anne Mosenthal on developing skills/expanding on an interest in palliative care in the surgical ICU. Dr. Mosenthal gives insight on options for training in palliative care, applying the palliative care skill set to clinical care, as well as shares her expertise on how to impact the culture of the surgical ICU. We also discuss additional resources for practitioners to expand their skill set.
For residents and fellows:
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship Training: Developing Your Interest in Palliative Care
- Surgical Palliative Care: A Resident’s Guide
- American College of Surgeons (ACS) Communities, Surgical Palliative Care
- Center of Palliative Care, Harvard Medical School – Practical Aspects of Palliative Care, Palliative Care Education and Practice
- Center to Advance Palliative Care