Intermountain Medical Center
Affiliated with Intermountain Healthcare — Murray, UT
- Trauma only
- Critical Care only
- Trauma & Critical Care
- Acute Care Surgery
- Advanced Practitioner
- Duration: 12 months
- Positions available: 1
- Salary: $52-55K
- Program Director: Annika Kay, PA-C
Last updated: March 02, 2020
This 12-month Fellowship in Trauma and Surgical Critical Care provides an educational environment that develops and promotes advanced practice providers (APPs) who will excel at the highest level of clinical proficiency, critical-thinking, research methods, and who will move forwards as leaders in the Trauma and Surgical Critical Care space. The APP Fellow operates with a high level of autonomy supported by the entire Trauma Team, placed in the forefront of direct resuscitation and management of all trauma patients. Our team teaches efficiency, compassion and precision, and operates in a collegial atmosphere that cultivates learning and rewards initiative.
- Proficiency in the evaluation and management of injured and critically-ill patients through rigorous didactic and clinical experience and education
- Proficiency in technical and procedural skills through didactic, clinical and simulation-based education
- Develop and retain leaders within the trauma and critical care space who will promote the role of APPs as providers, researchers and pioneers
- Promote a comprehensive understanding of quality improvement and experience in conducting clinical research
Program started 2010
How to apply
email@example.com - (801) 747-9340 (phone)
Qualifications: Applicants must be either a nurse practitioner or physician assistant, and if currently in graduate school must be able to complete and pass board certification exams by the end of August. While not required for the online application, the applicant must have proof of board certification, an active DEA license and licensure in the State of Utah prior to the October 1 start date.
The following items are needed in order to be considered for the position:
- Application (filled out online, position to be posted APRIL 1)
- Letter of intent describing interest in career in Trauma/Critical Care
- Copy of curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official or unofficial transcript from an accredited PA or NP program
- Copy of current BLS/ACLS cards
The most competitive candidates have an honest and genuine interest in Trauma and Surgical Critical Care medicine, as well as an interest in clinical research. They possess the passion and leadership skills necessary to grow and promote the role of advanced practice providers in the field of Trauma and Surgical Critical Care. They also understand the rigor and focus that is required to successfully complete this year of hard work, long hours and sacrifice.
Please email the Fellowship Program Director (Annika Kay, PA-C) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to email with questions, and you can be placed on our mailing list to receive updates regarding the job posting as well as the job link once the position is posted on April 1. The application will be located on the Intermountain Healthcare website job openings portal.
The Fellow will lead a clinical research project, promoting competence in how research is performed, evaluated and applied to patient care. The Fellow will conduct a clinical research project that can feasibly be completed in one year. The Fellow will work with the Program/Medical Directors and Trauma Research Committee to select the clinical research project at the start of the year. The project will culminate in a podium presentation at our annual Excellence in Trauma Care Conference (ETCC), and will also aim for presentation at a scientific session as well as a manuscript for publication in an appropriate journal.
About the hospital
- Beds: 504
- Annual trauma admissions: 2000
- Trauma faculty: 6
5121 Cottonwood Street Cottonwood Street
Murray, UT 84157
|Intermountain Medical Center||Murray, UT|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. EAST is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.