Tower Health Posted Dec 4, 2019
West Reading, PA
The Section of Trauma, Critical Care and Acute Care Surgery at Reading Hospital/Tower Health is recruiting an Acute Care Surgeon to join a team of 9 Trauma Surgeons in a high-volume Level I Trauma and Emergency Surgery Service. This Trauma opportunity also supports an Elective General Surgery Program and includes 12 Advanced Practice Providers and 1 Surgical Critical Care Fellow. The successful candidate will be Board Certified in General Surgery and Fellowship-trained in Trauma/Surgical Critical Care. A passion for teaching is critical and an active interest in trauma research is a plus.
This Level I Trauma Center serves a large population in Southeastern Pennsylvania and is located in the new surgical tower, Heath Plex, at Reading Hospital. The Health Plex provides:
- 17,500 additional square feet to Trauma Center and Emergency Department
- State-of-the-art Trauma Bay with the ability to treat up to 9 patients
- 2 Hybrid ORs in close proximity to the Trauma Bay
- Hospital-based helicopter; part of 6-helicopter PennSTAR Flight Program; 2 helipads
- Consistent TQIP high-performer
- Committed Neurotrauma and Orthopedic Trauma Subspecialty Groups
- System wide EPIC EMR
Tower Health is a six-hospital regional healthcare system in Southeast Pennsylvania with 100+ ambulatory practices, 20+ urgent care facilities, and home-based care. Tower Health provides cutting edge healthcare services to a population of 2.5 million people across four counties from Philadelphia to Berks County. Its flagship, Reading Hospital, is the largest hospital between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. In addition, Tower Health has partnered with Drexel University College of Medicine to establish a new four-year medical school in West Reading, PA, scheduled to open for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- 650+ beds & 1000+ medical staff
- 10th busiest ED in the nation with 135,000+ visits per year
- Top 5% nationwide for patient safety and overall clinical performance
- US News & World Report - 7th Best Hospital in PA
- CMS-Five-Star Ranking (2019); one of only 11 hospitals in PA
- One of the state leaders in surgical volume
- Highest financial rating possible for a nonprofit institution
Reading Hospital is located in West Reading, Berks County, 60 miles northwest of Philadelphia. Berks County offers excellent schools, affordable homes, colleges and parks plus a multitude of cultural, recreational, shopping, sporting attractions and social amenities all within driving distance of shore points, Philadelphia, Washington DC and New York City.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary and Incentive Program
- Exceptional Health Insurance and Benefits
- Educational Loan Assistance
- 403b (matching) and 457b Retirement Plans
- Spousal/Domestic Partner Job Search Support
How to apply
6th Ave & Spruce St
West Reading, PA 19611
|West Reading, PA|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. EAST is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.