The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Posted Mar 2, 2020
OSUWMC Director, Burn Center
Director, Burn Center
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and the Division of Trauma, Critical Care and Burn (TCCB) within the Department of Surgery are recruiting for a Burn Center director. This leadership position will be under the direction of Carrie Sims, MD, PhD, FACS, professor and division director of TCCB. The successful candidate will also hold a position as The American Electric Power Foundation Chair in Burn Care. The Department of Surgery boasts a broad array of clinical, research and educational opportunities. This unique and innovative leadership position requires a collaborative and forward thinking candidate to lead the Burn Center. This is a full-time associate or professor appointment that will provide the successful candidate with the chance to develop and expand the clinical, academic and educational programs within the Burn Center. The successful candidate will handle burn and soft tissue clinical cases with options for clinical service time in the surgical ICU. Opportunities for translational and clinical research are also available. The position is located on the Ohio State Wexner Medical Center’s main campus.
• Five years’ experience of strong faculty clinical, academic and mentorship experience
• Experience with service line development and implementation
• Completion of an ACGME-accredited general surgery residency
• Board certified in general surgery and surgical critical care
• Strong track record of clinical operations leadership
• Demonstrated leadership skills in building innovative programs as well as recruiting and retaining faculty
• Eligibility for Ohio medical licensure required
• Respected experience in research, clinical practice and education; an active research program is desired but not required in basic, translational, clinical or health services research
• Qualify for an academic appointment at the associate or full professor level—academic rank and salary will be commensurate with previous training and experience
The Division of Trauma, Critical Care and Burn focus its efforts on clinical care, research and education pertaining to urgent and emergent surgical problems. These areas include trauma, burns, urgent and emergent general surgery conditions, and surgical critical care. The division formed in March 2006 to enhance the Department of Surgery’s clinical care of critically ill surgical patients and patients with urgent and emergent surgical diseases, to develop excellent educational programs in those areas and to support the discovery of new medical knowledge. The mission of the division is to improve people’s lives through innovation in research, education and patient care related to our patient population.
Columbus, Ohio’s capital city (14th largest city in the country), has it all. From historic communities and suburban living to college crowds and nightlife, Columbus is a friendly Midwestern town with metropolitan style. The city is renowned for its leading technological companies, vast academic resources, thriving industry and eclectic mix of entertainment, dining and shopping.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.
How to apply
For consideration, please send CV along with a cover letter to:
Tiffany Bauman, MBA | Physician and Faculty Recruitment | Tiffany.Bauman@osumc.edu
410 W 10th Street
Columbus, OH 43210
|The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
OSUWMC Director, Burn Center
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. EAST is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.