Penn Medicine LGH Posted Jul 6, 2020
Facility: Lancaster General Hospital LGHLG,
Department: Trauma Service (4595)
- Full-time - Varied Shifts; Occasional weekend/Holiday
- Varied shift
Lancaster General Health Physicians/Penn Medicine Trauma and Acute Care Surgery in Lancaster, Pa. seeks a BE/BC Trauma Surgeon to join our team. Lancaster General Hospital has the only accredited Level II Trauma Center in Lancaster County. Our 8 trauma surgeons ensure 24 hour/7-day coverage to respond to any emergency. Our operating room readiness team is on stand-by around the clock, and is equipped with the most advanced tools for delivering high quality care.
Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine (LG Health/Penn Medicine), a member of the University of Pennsylvania Health System (Penn Medicine), is a 631-licensed bed not-for-profit health system with a comprehensive network of care encompassing Lancaster General Hospital (LGH), Women & Babies Hospital and the Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital (in partnership with Kindred Healthcare). Our membership in Penn Medicine brings together the strengths of a world-renowned, not-for-profit academic medical center and a nationally recognized, not-for-profit community healthcare system.
Outpatient services are provided at the Downtown and Suburban Pavilions, along with additional outpatient centers, Express, and Urgent Care locations throughout the region. Lancaster General Health Physicians is a network of more than 300 primary care and specialty physicians, at more than 40 offices throughout the region. Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences is a private, co-educational, Middle States-accredited four-year college offering a variety of associate and baccalaureate degree and certification programs in healthcare.
Fourth consecutive designation as a Magnet hospital for nursing excellence, LGH has been recognized regionally and nationally for clinical excellence and patient safety; and ranked nationally by U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation's best hospitals in 2016-17 in three specialties.
Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals, and a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provide opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a drive away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, shopping and dining, and local sports teams makes Lancaster a great place to Live, Work, and Play.
LG Health Physicians offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Competitive Base Salary
• Fully-integrated Stage 7 (HIMSS) Electronic Medical Record
• Paid Malpractice Insurance
• Comprehensive Health Insurance
• Paid Days Off (Vacation, Holiday, Sick, Personal)
• CME Paid Days Off
• CME Expense coverage
• Prescription plan that offers significant discounts
• Optional dental and vision plans
• Free Life Insurance, Short- term and Long-term Disability Insurance
• Retirement Income Accounts including 403(b) and 457(b) options
• Relocation allowance
• Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Medicine (Allopathic/Osteopathic)
• Completion of an accredited General Surgery Residency
• Completion of an accredited Trauma/Surgical Critical Care Fellowship
• Possess or able to obtain an unrestricted Pennsylvania Medical License
• Board Certified or Board Eligible (must obtain board certification within 2 years of assuming position
How to apply
Lancaster, PA 19602
|Penn Medicine LGH
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. EAST is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.