Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Posted Sep 3, 2020
Academic Burn Surgeon
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is seeking applicants for the position of Academic Burn Surgeon based at the Burn Center at University Medical Center. The Burn Center is the 12th busiest in the nation, with robust adult and pediatric volume and a busy inpatient and outpatient surgical practice.
• Overnight and weekend call coverage is covered by the in-house trauma service, freeing the burn surgeon to focus on the daily care of the burned patient as well as scholarly activity, outreach and prevention.
• The long-term goal of this recruitment is for the selected candidate to grow into the role of Burn Director, under the mentorship and guidance of current Burn Director John A. Griswold MD FACS, and Sharmila Dissanaike, MD FACS FCCM, Chair of Surgery.
• The burn faculty are active in both basic science and clinical research, and hold national leadership roles
• BE/BC in General Surgery with additional fellowship training in Surgical Critical Care or Burn Surgery or BC/BE in Plastic Surgery.
• Exemplary clinical skills, a team spirit, collegiality, an interest in teaching and clinically based scholarly activity.
The metro population is 318,679 with catchment area of over 2 million. Lubbock is a growing educational, commercial, medical, and cultural center with a college-town atmosphere. Lubbock residents enjoy an comfortable lifestyle with low cost of living, restaurants, live music, museums, wineries, and a drive of less than 25 minutes to anywhere in the city.
Click here for full position description:
Please apply online (21684BR): https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25898&siteid=5281#jobDetails=531569_5281
TTUHSC is an EEO/AA employer
How to apply
All questions may be directed to Sarah.Harris@ttuhsc.edu, Director of Faculty Recruitment
3601 4th Street
LUBBOCK, TX 79430
|Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Academic Burn Surgeon
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. EAST is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.