Development & Fundraising
Furnishing Leadership and Fostering Advances in the Surgery of Trauma
Development Committee Members
In furtherance of its exempt purposes, EAST established the EAST Development Fund (“Fund”) to support initiatives designed to reduce the incidence of trauma and improve the care of the injured patient. The initiatives supported by the Fund are in the areas of research, injury control and violence prevention, education and leadership development. Learn more about the initiatives supported by the Fund below and consider a tax-deductible* contribution.
- Trauma Research Scholarship - Click here for additional details on this scholarship and past recipients.
- Multicenter Trials Junior Investigator Award - Click here for additional details on this award.
- INVEST-C - A research development program that focuses on the development of research ideas from the ground up. INVEST- C provides research mentorship, research design assistance, multicenter collaborations, statistical support, and editorial services using a combination of EAST members and other resources. Click here for additional details about this program.
Injury Control and Violence Prevention
Education and Leadership Development
- Oriens "This is Why I want a Career in Trauma and Acute Care Surgery" Award - Click here for additional details on this award and past recipients.
- Raymond H. Alexander, MD Resident Paper Competition - Click here for information on past award recipients.
- Cox-Templeton Injury Prevention Paper Competition - Click here for information on past award recipients.
- EAST Leadership Development Workshop Scholarships - Click here for more information on the workshop.
If you would like to consider a multi-year tax-deductible* contribution to the
EAST Development Fund, please download and complete the following donation form.
*The Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma (“EAST”) is a Tennessee nonprofit corporation exempt from federal income tax pursuant to Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). Gifts to EAST are deductible for income tax purposes within the limits prescribed by state and federal laws. Please consult your tax advisor.