Samaritan Health Services Posted Jun 17, 2021
Acute Care Surgeon
Samaritan Health Services in Oregon has an opportunity for a Acute Care Surgeon
Samaritan Health Services is recruiting a full-time acute care trauma surgeon to join our integrated health care system in Oregon's beautiful mid-Willamette Valley. Based at Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center (188 beds), one of four level II trauma centers in the state. Our team of dedicated acute care surgeons work closely together to maintain call coverage and service availability and provide optimal access to urgent and emergent surgical needs for patients and clinicians. We are seeking an individual who is dynamic, enthusiastic about trauma and acute care surgery, willing to learn new technology, and someone who can provide a positive role model to our resident trainees.
• Join a team of three experienced, collegial trauma surgeons
• No elective general surgery
• Full time is 158 shifts per year and two -three ½ day clinics per week
• Resident teaching, participation in didactics (weekly) and journal clubs(monthly), participation in resident evaluations required
• Approximately 700 trauma cases annually
• Opportunities to participate in hospital committees and leadership if interested
• Board certified/board eligible in general surgery with critical care experience.
• Fellowship training in surgical critical care or trauma preferred.
• Should possess excellent clinical skills, communication skills, and a strong commitment to providing excellent care that is team oriented.
• Eligibility to work in the United States
We offer an attractive salary plus incentives, relocation assistance, paid malpractice, Electronic Medical Record (EPIC) and a competitive benefit package
Nestled in the heart of the Willamette Valley, Corvallis is an ideal location to work, live and raise a family.
Within easy driving distance of mountains, rivers and the famed Oregon Coast, opportunities abound for outdoor enthusiasts such as camping, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking and skiing. As an added bonus, Oregon's two largest cities and cultural centers - Portland and Eugene - are close by.
Meanwhile, the tree lined city of about 60,000 residents has earned the reputation as one of the best cities in the nation to call home - though many who live here wish that distinction did not attract so much publicity!
How to apply
For more information please contact Annette Clovis, aclovis.com or apply online at www.samhealth.org/docjobs
Corvallis, OR 97339
|Samaritan Health Services
Acute Care Surgeon
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. EAST is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.