Southcoast Health Posted Jun 23, 2021
Vice Chief: Acute Care Surgery and Trauma
Southcoast Health Trauma Center is a new Trauma / Acute Care Surgery program and will be the only regional trauma center on the southeastern coast of Massachusetts, an area of need defined by American College of Surgeons trauma system evaluation. We are seeking an experienced clinician (5-15 years’ experience) who wishes to gain increased leadership and management experience with the objective of transitioning to Chief of the Division within the next 3 years.
• Join existing group of 5 fellowship trained Trauma / ACS surgeons with experienced leadership.
• ACS verification and state accreditation are expected within the next 2 months.
• 24/7 support from advanced practice providers
• This is an exciting opportunity to develop and grow a new program in a geographic area of need.
• Emergency Department sees over 90,000 patients annually with a significant volume of both blunt and penetrating trauma.
• Pre-verification, the program admitted 900 patients in the first year with 1500-2000 annual admissions expected within the next 3 years.
• Opportunity to learn about trauma center / system design, program implementation and development, performance improvement programs, and trauma center economics.
• Clinical responsibilities will include an equal balance of all three aspects of Acute Care Surgery with a favorable work-life balance in a highly supportive environment
• The successful candidate will gain direct experience in all phases of trauma center design, start-up, and program implementation including but not limited to American College of Surgeons verification, management of performance improvement programs, registry design and operations, and programmatic fiscal management.
• The successful candidate will acquire skills in management of the three conventional segments of Acute Care Surgery programs: trauma, emergency surgery, and surgical critical care including but not limited to delegation of sectional leadership, design of metrics for outcome and performance, growth and operations of outpatient practice, and advanced practice provider recruitment and retention.
• Competitive salary with productivity-based incentives
• Sign-on/Retention Bonus Program
• Excellent benefit package including; 41 days PTO and 6% match on retirement after 2 years
• Relocation assistance
• Malpractice coverage of $2M / $6M
• Excellent work life balance
• 5-15 years of clinical experience in Acute Care Surgery
• Some level of clinical administrative experience is desirable but not required
• ABS certificate in Surgery with added qualifications in Surgical Critical Care
• ATLS certification
• Membership in at least one regional or national organization (EAST, AAST, WEST) demonstrating focused interest in Acute Care Surgery
About Southcoast Health
Southcoast Health is one of the largest and fastest growing health systems in New England. Since its inception in 1996, Southcoast has become a sought-after destination for health care professionals. As a thriving part of the New England medical community, Southcoast Health offers practice excellence in an environment you want to call home.
Southcoast Health includes Southcoast Physicians Group, with more than 500 providers and continuing to grow. This integrated multi-specialty group spans our three hospitals in Southeastern Massachusetts and extends into parts of Rhode Island. We strive to recognize each community's identity while sharing one mission: To care for and improve the health and to promote the wellness of the individuals and communities we serve.
Southcoast Health provides advanced clinical services, such as open heart surgery, angioplasty and heart rhythm services, comprehensive cancer care, neurosurgery, weight loss surgery, hand surgery, orthopedic surgery, advanced imaging services and is the only provider of maternity services in the region.
Southcoast Health is a not-for-profit charitable organization that depends on the support of the community to provide services. More information is available online at www.southcoast.org
Connect to Southcoast through social media at www.southcoast.org/connect/
How to apply
Email CV to Holly Lestage, Manager provider recruitment @ email@example.com
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. EAST is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.