Staten Island University Hospital/Northwell Health Posted Jul 22, 2021
Chair of Surgery
The Northwell Health System is seeking a Chair of the Department of Surgery at Staten Island University Hospital, a major teaching hospital of the Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra Northwell. Candidates must have board certification in Surgery, exceptional leadership skills, a commitment to education, research and clinical excellence, and have a proven academic record.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Development and implementation of strategic vision for the department focused on quality, efficiency and growth.
• Overall direction for ACGME accredited training programs in General Surgery and subspecialties including bariatric, colorectal, surgical oncology, plastic/reconstructive, pediatric, comprehensive breast, podiatry, vascular, trauma, orthopedics, and ophthalmology. Opportunities may be available to develop additional fellowship programs.
• Overall direction for educational program for medical students from CUNY-MED School of Medicine and other affiliated medical schools.
• Oversee development and maintenance of research programs
• Provide leadership for and work collaboratively with our team of Voluntary and Faculty Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants and administrative staff.
• Oversee activities of multiple subspecialty divisions.
• Develop relationships with community organizations involved in general surgery and preventative medicine.
Founded in 1861, Staten Island University Hospital is a 714-bed specialized teaching hospital providing quality care to the people of Staten Island and the New York City metropolitan region. The hospital is New York City’s 6th largest hospital and occupies two large campuses, as well as community-based health centers and labs
Staten Island is home to diverse neighborhoods, parks, natural areas, and cultural attractions. It is over a bridge from either Brooklyn or New Jersey, while Manhattan can be reached via ferry, or by car in less than 30 minutes. “The small town in the Big City” affords suburban living within the confines of the Big Apple; the best of both worlds. Wherever you roam, you will encounter breathtaking views, entertainment and a neighborhood to fit every palate.
Northwell Health is New York State’s largest health care provider and private employer, with 23 hospitals, more than 600 outpatient facilities and nearly 15,000 affiliated physicians. We care for over two million people annually in the New York metro area and beyond, thanks in part to the generous philanthropic support from our communities. Our 66,000 employees – 15,000-plus nurses and 4,000 employed doctors, including members of Northwell Health Physician Partners – are working to change health care for the better. We’re making breakthroughs in medicine at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research and are training the next generation of medical professionals at the visionary Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell and the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies.
How to apply
For additional information and to apply, please contact: Romaine Walton, Physician Recruitment, email@example.com.
378 Seaview Ave
Staten Island ,
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. EAST is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.