Massachusetts General Hospital Posted Nov 29, 2021

Salem, MA

Mass General Level 3 Trauma Center Acute Care Surgeon

The Massachusetts General Hospital’s Division of Trauma, Emergency Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care (TESSCC) is seeking an Acute Care Surgeon for its community hospital affiliate, Mass General Brigham’s Salem Hospital in Salem, Massachusetts. Salem is a Level III Trauma Center and has a busy Acute Care Surgery Program. It is one of the primary community rotations for MGH Surgery residents. The surgeon will have a joint appointment at the Massachusetts General Hospital and Salem Hospital, and an academic appointment at Harvard Medical School. Reporting to the Chief of the MGH Division of TESSCC and Chair of Surgery at Salem. The administrative, clinical care, and teaching at Salem Hospital and the Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care in Danvers, MA will occupy approximately 90% of his or her time, and the remaining 10% effort will be in Boston with the MGH Division of TESSCC. The academic appointment will be commensurate with experience and credentials. The on-call schedule is favorable, and benefits are excellent.

Applicants must be board-certificated in General Surgery. Added qualification in Surgical Critical Care and Fellowship training in Acute Care Surgery is preferred but is not mandatory.

The MGH is a 1,035-bed facility in Boston, MA and an ACS-verified Level I Adult Trauma Center, Level I Pediatric Trauma Center, and ABA-verified Burn Center. Salem Hospital is a 425-bed Level III Trauma Center 15 miles north of Boston in Salem, MA. The Seaside and historic communities north of Boston are extremely desirable with excellent schools and rapid, convenient access to downtown Boston.

How to apply

Interested candidates should send a letter and curriculum vitae to:

George C. Velmahos, MD, PhD, MSEd,
John F. Burke Professor of Surgery
Chief, MGH Division of Trauma, Emergency Surgery and Surgical Critical Care
165 Cambridge Street, Suite 810
Boston, MA 02030
(617) 726-9591
gvelmahos@partners.org

Massachusetts General Hospital is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minorities candidates are encouraged to apply.

Location

Salem, MA

This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. EAST is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.