John Muir Health Posted May 12, 2022
Walnut Creek, CA
John Muir Health Specialty Medical Group is seeking a well-trained Trauma Surgeon, committed to excellent patient care, to join our Level 2 Trauma Center in highly desirable Walnut Creek, CA. You will be joining an organization with a long-standing presence and strong reputation in the community, state, and nation. U/S News & World Report has ranked John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek as one of the nation’s top hospitals for 14 straight years. John Muir Walnut Creek and Concord hospitals are also designated as Best Regional Hospitals, ranked #2 and #3 in the SF Metro Area.
Our ACS verified level 2 trauma center is the only designated trauma center serving Contra Costa County’s population of 1.2 million. We see 2,200+ activations, with roughly 1,500 admissions annually, 15% of which are penetrating trauma.
Highlights of this full-time position include:
• Well established and mature trauma program with surgeon led service
• Physician work/life balance with predictable schedule
• 4 state of the art trauma bays
• 24 trauma/neuro ICU beds
• Dedicated trauma step down unit
• 24/7 APP support
• Robust specialty call panels
• Regional tertiary referral center
• Competitive income guarantee with high earning potential, comprehensive benefits, sign-on bonus, vacation, and continuing education as well as malpractice insurance
• Well-respected colleagues in a dynamic and growing health system
• Board Certified/Board Eligible in General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care
• ATLS Provider or Instructor
• Strong communication skills combined with high patient satisfaction scores
• A proven record of clinical excellence and enjoy a collaborative working environment
• Graduate from an accredited school of medicine
• Current DEA license
• Current, unrestricted, license to practice in the State of California
• ICU patient management experience, preferred
• 2 to 3 years of Trauma / Acute care surgery experience, preferred
If you are looking for an exciting and gratifying opportunity and a chance to contribute your expertise to a premiere trauma team in a highly desirable community setting linked to major academic centers, while enjoying tremendous quality of life, consider joining our team.
The East Bay is a dynamic yet family-oriented community with ideal weather, abundant outdoor spaces, and great schools. It is adjacent to Berkeley, home of the University of California with an impressive variety of cultural and sports events along with world renowned restaurants and music venues, and Oakland which boasts a new and thriving tech sector, night life and entertainment destinations and all major league sports teams. Walnut Creek is 25 miles from downtown San Francisco which is easily accessible by car or BART train line. One the East side of the metro area, it is also a quick drive to Napa Wine country and the extensive mountain and wilderness areas of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Lake Tahoe, and Yosemite Valley.
EEO – Equal Employment Opportunity*Unable to sponsor applicants for work visas*
How to apply
or email: email@example.com
1601 Ygnacio Valley Blvd.
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
|John Muir Health
|Walnut Creek, CA|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. EAST is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.