Massachusetts General Hospital/ MGB Wentworth Douglass Hospital Posted Nov 29, 2022

Boston, MA

Trauma Director and Acute Care Surgeon

The Massachusetts General Hospital’s Division of Trauma, Emergency Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care (TESSCC) is seeking an Acute Care Surgeon to serve as Trauma Director for its community hospital affiliate, Mass General Brigham’s Wentworth-Douglass Hospital (WDH) in Dover, NH. WDH is a Level III Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and has busy Acute Care Surgery and Critical Care programs. The surgeon will have a joint appointment at the Massachusetts General Hospital and Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, and an academic appointment at Harvard Medical School. Reporting to the Chief of the MGH Division of TESSCC and the Chief Physician Executive at WDH, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Trauma and Acute Care Surgery program at WDH. The administrative and clinical care at WDH will occupy approximately 90% of his or her time, and the remaining 10% effort will be in Boston with the MGH Division of TESSCC. The academic appointment will be commensurate with experience and credentials. The on-call schedule is favorable, and benefits are excellent.

Applicants must be board-certificated in General Surgery. Added qualification in Surgical Critical Care and Fellowship training in Acute Care Surgery is preferred but is not mandatory.

The MGH is a 1,035-bed facility in Boston, MA and an ACS-verified Level I Adult Trauma Center, Level I Pediatric Trauma Center, and ABA-verified Burn Center. MGB Wentworth-Douglass Hospital is a 178-bed Level III Trauma Center in seacoast New Hampshire approximately 1 hour north of Boston. The NH seacoast communities are extremely desirable with excellent schools and convenient access to downtown Boston.

How to apply

Interested candidates should send a letter and curriculum vitae to:

George C. Velmahos, MD, PhD, MSEd,
John F. Burke Professor of Surgery
Chief, MGH Division of Trauma, Emergency Surgery and Surgical Critical Care
165 Cambridge Street, Suite 810
Boston, MA 02030
(617) 726-9591
gvelmahos@partners.org

We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.

Location

55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114

Massachusetts General Hospital/ MGB Wentworth Douglass Hospital
Trauma Director and Acute Care Surgeon
Boston, MA
Loading...

This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. EAST is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.