COVID-19 Resources and Information
THIS WEB SITE IS NOT INTENDED TO, AND DOES NOT, PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. All health care content available on or through this Web site is presented by the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma (“EAST”) for general informational purposes only and must not be regarded as a substitute for advice, diagnosis or treatment by a professional health care provider. EAST DOES NOT RECOMMEND OR ENDORSE, AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY RELATING TO, any particular products, procedures, opinions or other information presented or referred to on or through this Web site (including but not limited to the content of any advertisement), except for any statements specifically identified as expressing a policy or position officially approved by EAST.
Information on this page is voluntarily provided relative to the ongoing COVID-19 national emergency. If you or your institution has additional educational resources you would like to share, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org marked "COVID-19 Resource." Resources should include the institution name. Providing contact information is voluntary.
Thank you for all you are doing to combat this pandemic.
Information & Resources - There is a great deal of uncertainty around this evolving pandemic and a large amount of regional variability. In this fluid and variable environment, information changes rapidly. It is very likely that the information and strategies made available on this site may change as our understanding of unique challenges that COVID-19 poses within each country, state, and healthcare environment evolves.
EAST Statements and Resources
- EAST Traumacast 131 - COVID-19 Part 01 with Drs. Christmas, Martin, Hoffman, & Valdez
- EAST Traumacast 132 - COVID-19 Part 02 with Drs. Matt Martin, Carrie Valdez and Red Hoffman as they speak with Drs. Nick Mark, Sheldon Teperman and Alex Guerrero
- EAST Traumacast 133 - COVID-19 Part 03 join Drs. Valdez and Hoffman to discuss Palliative Care in the era of the COVID pandemic.
- EAST Traumacast 134 - COVID-19 Part 04 with Drs. Matt Martin, Haj Reddy and Eddie Chao in New York City. Recorded on April 14, 2020, this episode offers the latest updates on the care of the critically ill COVID patient.
Reducing Racism & Xenophobia Following Public Health Emergencies: COVID-19 - Infographic from EAST Equity, Quality, and Inclusion in Trauma Surgery Practice Ad Hoc Task Force - #EAST4ALLPartner Society Statements and Resources
- American Association for the Surgery of Trauma (AAST)
- ACS COVID-19 Registry
- American College of Surgeons Bulletin Brief
- American College of Surgeons COVID-19 Update (ACS Bulletin)
- American College of Surgeons Press Release - Essential Operations During Covid-19
- American College of Surgeons Guidance Document to Help Health Care Facilities Best Prepare for Resuming Elective Surgery - Press Release April 17, 2020. Click here for Guidance Document.
- American College of Surgeons - Surgeons Help Create a New Process for Disinfecting and Reusing N95 Masks - Press Release April 28, 2020
- American College of Surgeons Statement of PPE Shortages
- ACS-COT Chair Eileen Bulger Statement
- ACS-COT Guidance Statement on Maintaining Access to Care in Response to COVID-19
- SCCPDS (Surgical Critical Care Program Directors Society) Recommendations
- Pan-American Global Response To COVID-19 Trauma Grand Rounds
March 25 Grand Round
- American College of Surgeons Resources for the Surgical Community
- Society of Trauma Nurses COVID-19 Resources
- Society of Critical Care Medicine COVID-19 Resources
- Society of Critical Care Medicine - Emergency Resources: COVID-19 Web Page
- Society of Critcal Care Medicine - COVID-19 Rapid Resource Center
- COVID-19 Prevention Handbook
- COVID-19 in China
- COVID-19 Outbreak and Surgical Practice: Unexpected Fatality in Perioperative Period
- International Society for Quality in Health Care
- Global MediXChange for Combating COVID-19 (GMCC)
National Institutions Recommendations
- DoD COVID-19 Practice Management Guide
- NASEM (National Academies of Sciences Engineering Medicine) Crisis Standards of Care
The FEMA Healthcare Resilience Task Force has created the COVID-19 Hospital Resource Package as a comprehensive resource offering guidance on common crisis challenges, enabling hospitals and their personnel to operate more effectively and efficiently.
US Department of Health & Human Services - This page highlights resources identified or developed to address current response and recovery operations to novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19).
Media - EAST Members in the News
- Dr. Albert Chi
Dr. Elliott Haut, EAST Past President
- Dr. Sheldon Teperman
Dr. Brian Williams
Additional Recommendations and Resources
- UW Medicine COVID-19 Resource Site
- NY Times Opinion - Social Distancing
- John Hopkins COVID Resources
- PubMed LitCOVID Site
- Annals of Surgery COVID-19 Page
- Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery (JTACS)
- Trauma Surgery and Acute Care Open (TSACO)
- ECRI COVID-19 Resource Center
- University of Wisconsin - Provided by EAST Member Dr. Angela Ingraham
Mechanical Ventilation-Think Simple - Narrated Slides
Mechanical Ventilation-Think Simple Road Map - Narrated Slides
Mechanical Ventilation-Think Simple Synchrony - Narrated Slides
Mechanical Ventilation-Think Simple APRV - Narrated Slides
Mechanical Ventilation-Think Simple - Slides Only (No Narration)
COVID- 19 Acute Care Surgery Staffing
Atrium Health - Surgery COVID Response Chart - 3-22-2020
COVID-19 ICU Rounds
COVID-19 - General Management
Loma Linda University Medical Center - Consensus Respiratory Pathway 03-25-2020
Hackensack Meridian Health
Blood Shortage & Coagulopathy in the COVID-19 World - Z-Medica Webinar
The New Norm of Emergency Surgical Care for the COVID-19 Patient - Z-Medica Webinar
COVID-19 Trauma Resuscitation
Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital - Trauma Bay Guidelines 03-23-2020
Atrium Health - Diagnosing COVID in Trauma
Atrium Health - COVID Bronchoscopy Guidelines
COVID-19 Virtual Critical Care
COVID-19 Clinic Screening and Virtual Visits
Atrium Health - EGS Clinical Virtual Visits