Information for Presenters, Discussants, and Faculty
Manuscript Submission Rules and Requirements - Please click the link to read. The manuscript submission deadline is 11:59 pm Eastern Time on December 1, 2023. Failure to meet manuscript submission deadlines will result in a one-year sanction for the Presenting and Senior Authors. When submitting your manuscript to the Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery(JTACS), you are required to complete and upload the Copyright Transfer form. This form is on the JTACS editorial manager site.
Information for Oral and Quick Shot Abstract Presenters
Visual Abstract Submission Instructions
EAST Visual Abstract Template
2024 EAST Slide Template
DiscussantsThank you for agreeing to serve as a discussant for the 37th EAST Annual Scientific Assembly. Below is some information as well as a video with discussant tips for you as you begin to prepare for your participation at the meeting.
Discussants - Oral/Podium Papers
Discussants - Raymond Alexander, MD Resident Paper Competition
Disclosure Information & Requirements
Anyone who is presenting, discussing, or moderating during the EAST Annual Scientific Assembly is required to complete a disclosure form even if they have nothing to disclose.
- Presenting Authors must complete the online disclosure form by November 30, 2023. Failure to complete these forms by the published deadline may result in removal from the program:
Oral and Quick Shot ABSTRACT Author Disclosures
- All faculty and discussants (abstract presenters excluded) are required to complete a disclosure form even if they have nothing to disclose. When completing the form, any disclosure should be indicated as it pertains to the content of the presentation(s) that you will be giving, moderating, or discussing. Complete the disclosure form by November 30, 2023:
Faculty & Discussant Disclosures
Disclosure Slide - EAST requires that all faculty and all authors on an abstract to be presented complete a disclosure form and include a disclosure slide in their presentation even if they have nothing to disclose. If disclosure information for you or any authors on your abstract has changed from what has been previously submitted, you are required to notify EAST in writing and indicate any updates on your disclosure slide at the time of presentation. The use of a disclosure slide applies to all who are presenting at the Annual Scientific Assembly.
Social MediaThe 37th EAST Annual Scientific Assembly will be promoted and monitored on EAST's Facebook , X (formerly Twitter) , LinkedIn, and Instagram social media channels. As a presenter, you are encouraged to include your Twitter Handle on your slides. The official hashtag for the 37th EAST Annual Scientific Assembly is #EAST2024.
Journal of Trauma & Acute Care Surgery Information
For questions concerning any of the following, please contact Michelle Gaffney, at email@example.com:
- Manuscript formatting
- Review status of manuscripts
- Copyright transfer issues
- Editorial requirements
- Peer-review concerns
- Embargo policies or production