Leadership Agility Program Scholarship
In collaboration with the Society of University Surgeons, EAST is offering up to two scholarships to attend the Leadership Agility Program being held September 13-16, 2020 in Evanston, Illinois. Scholarship application packets must be submitted by June 30, 2020. See below for application submission details and requirements.
The Leadership Agility Program has been designed in collaboration with Kellogg School of Management, equips leaders to advance their careers in academic medicine amidst an ever-changing landscape. The September 13-16, 2020 program leverages Kellogg’s strength in meeting the unique design requirements of the healthcare sector through faculty and practitioners who have instructed thousands of healthcare professionals on their leadership journey. This program is rooted in theory-driven knowledge and concrete strategies that allow participants to put new ideas into action.
Up to two scholarships will be awarded and will cover course tuition, meals, and lodging. Travel is at the scholarship recipient's expense.
Application details will be available Spring 2020. The application deadline is June 30, 2020. All required information must be included or the application will not be considered.
Eligibility and required materials for scholarship application.
- Must be a member of EAST not more than seven years out of residency or fellowship training.
- Must submit a current CV and demonstrate evidence of commitment to the field of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery.
- Must submit a letter of intent relative to their aspirations in the field of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery.
- Must submit a 250-word essay on the role of EAST in developing the leaders of tomorrow.
- Must submit a letter of support from either the Trauma Chief or Department Chairman.
- All required information (including letters of support) must be received by the deadline.
The application deadline is June 30, 2020. Please direct any questions to Christine Eme at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 312.202.5508.
Leadership Agility Program EAST Scholarship Recipients
2019 - Michael Goodman, MD
2019 - Joseph Stirparo, MD