CME and Self-Assessment Credit Information
32nd EAST Annual Scientific Assembly (held January 15-18,2019) CME and Self-Assessment Credit
For a CME and Self-Assessment Credit Breakdown of the 32nd EAST Annual Scientific Assembly click the button below:
Meeting Evaluation, Earning your CME and Self-Assessment Credit
Obtaining CME and Self-Assessment Credit as well as retrieving your certificate must be completed online. To receive CME and Self-Assessment credit and your certificate, you must complete the online evaluation(s) and any Self-Assessment tests using the online system by the specificed deadline (see below). Please contact the EAST offices at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 312-202-5508 if you have questions or are unable to access the online system.
Using the Online System - It's as Easy as 1-2-3
1. Login in to the EAST Annual Scientific Assembly Online Evaluation System - You must have completed the online evaluation by February 17, 2019 to be eligble to receive CME Credit.
- Username: Your Username is the Email Address you provided with your meeting registration
- Password: After entering in your email address, enter in the password: EAST
2. Claim credit per day
- Complete the evaluation form - this is required to receive your credit and certificate.
- If you registered for and attended a session where Self-Assessment Credit is offered, you are required to complete the Self-assessment Test. A score of 75% or higher is required to earn Self-Assessment Credit. The deadline to complete the Self-Assessment test to obtain Self-Assessment Credit was January 28, 2019. You may not claim Self-Assessment Credit after this date.
3. Retrieving your certificate - very important
- After you have completed the necessary evaluations and the Overall Evaluation, the Certificate button will be enabled.
- Click on the Certificate button.
- Click on Create Certificate - the system will create the appropriate certificate(s) and give you the option to download it to your computer or email it to yourself*.
- You must take a certificate for your credits to be posted
*You will need Adobe Reader in order to view your certificate. If you do not have access to a printer at the time you are completing the evaluation, you can email it to yourself or download it at any time by logging back in and clicking Certificate.
Important Deadlines for Claiming Credit
EAST partners with the American College of Surgeons (ACS) to offer AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for the Annual Scientific Assembly and Workshops. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. The ACS requires that you complete all meeting evaluations and Self-Assessment Credit tests by the dates listed below to receive credit.
January 28, 2019 - Self-Assessments tests completed and score of 75% or better achieved to receive Self-Assessment Credit. After this date you will not be able to claim Self-Assessment Credit but you will be able to claim AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. The ACS requires all Self-Assessment tests be taken and passed within ten (10) calendars days of the conlcusion of the meeting.
February 17, 2019 - Online evaluation must be completed to claim credit and receive your certificate. The ACS requires all CME forms and evaluations be completed within 30 calendars days of the conclusion of the meeting.
CME Information for Past Annual Scientific Assemblies
In need of a CME Certificate from a past Annual Scientific Assembly (prior to 2014)? Please email Marie Simos email@example.com. In your request, indicate that you need an EAST Annual Scientific Assembly CME certificate and the year of the meeting for which you need a certificate. CME certificates through 2013 can be generated through Marie Simos. For additional EAST Annual Scientific CME documentation up to and including the 2013 meeting, please contact the Wake Forest School of Medicine CME Department at 336-713-7755.