Injury Control and Violence Prevention
Follow the EAST ICVP Twitter Page @EAST_ICVP
EAST Statement on Firearm Inury Prevention
Published in Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery - January 2019 - Volume 86 - Issue 1 - p 168–170
Published in Trauma and Acute Care Surgery Open - March 2019
Proceedings Medical Summit on Firearm Injury Prevention: A Public Health approach to reduce death and disability in the United States, Chicago, Illinois, February 10-11, 2019
EAST ICVP Community Outreach Program
2020 - Stop the BleedSM, Distracted Driving, Fire Safety and Burn First Aid, and Careers in Medicine - See the YouTube Video.
2019 - Distracted Driving, Vehicle Safety, Firearm Saftey, Stop the Bleed and Careers in Medicine- See the YouTube Video
2017 - Public Access Hemorrhage Control and Training for Non-Medical Personnel - Watch the video from the 2017 program.
2012-2016 - Distracted Driving, Vehicle Safety, Teen Violence, and Substance Abuse - See the YouTube Videos
- American College of Surgeons Committe on Trauma-Injury Prevention & Control Subcommittee
- American College of Surgeons - Bleeding Control - Stop The Bleed™ and Hartford Consensus™
- American Geriatrics Society
AGS Quick Guide for Assessing Older Drivers
- American Trauma Society and Trauma Survivors Network
- Traffic Safety
- Hartford Consensus & Hartford Consensus II - Endorsed by EAST
- Instructional video describing proper technique for tourniquet placement - Developed by EAST Member Dr. David King.
- 2017 EAST Presidential Address - Pay It Forward
EAST Practice Management Guidelines and Evidence Based Reviews
- Child Passenger Safety: An Evidence-Based Review 2010
- Distracted Driver: An Evidenced-Based Review 2015
- Helmet Efficacy to Reduce Head Injury and Mortality in Motorcycle Crashes 2010
- Hospital-Based Violence Intervention Programs Targeting Adult Populations 2016
- Prevention of Fall-Related Injuries in the Elderly 2016
- Prevention of Firearm-Related Injuries with Restrictive Licensing and Concealed Carry Laws 2016
- Prevention of Motor Vehicle Collision-Related Injuries in the Elderly 2015
- Safety Helmets, Efficacy of in Reduction of Head Injuries in Recreational Skiers and Snowboarders 2011
Distracted/Impaired Driving Prevention
THIS WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED TO, AND DOES NOT, PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. All health care content available on or through this website is presented by the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma ( “EAST”) for general informational purposes only and must not be regarded as a substitute for advice, diagnosis or treatment by a professional health care provider. EAST DOES NOT RECOMMEND OR ENDORSE, AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY RELATING TO, any particular products, procedures, opinions or other information presented or referred to on or through this Web site (including but not limited to the content of any advertisement), except for any statements specifically identified as expressing a policy or position officially approved by EAST.