- Probabilistic models of motorcyclists' injury severities in single- and multi-vehicle crashes.
- Savolainen P, Mannering F.
- Accid Anal Prev. 2007 Sep;39(5):955-63.
Rationale for inclusion: Demonstrated in regression modeling that helmet use, among other factors, is associated with injury severity.
Citations - 250 (as of July 2017)
- Motorcycle helmet use and injury outcome and hospitalization costs from crashes in Washington State.
- Rowland J, Rivara F, Salzberg P, Soderberg R, Maier R, Koepsell T.
- Am J Public Health. 1996 Jan;86(1):41-5.
Rationale for inclusion: Demonstrated that helmet use is associated with decreased injury severity, injury burden, and hospital costs.
Citations - 141 (as of July 2017)
- The effect of the 1992 California motorcycle helmet use law on motorcycle crash fatalities and injuries.
- Kraus JF, Peek C, McArthur DL, Williams A.
- JAMA. 1994 Nov 16;272(19):1506-11.
Rationale for inclusion: Demonstrated that helmet laws decrease motorcycle fatalities.
Citations - 168 (as of July 2017)