CV - Acute Coronary Syndrome & PE
- Perioperative Bridging Anticoagulation in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation.
- Douketis JD, Spyropoulos AC, Kaatz S, Becker RC, Caprini JA, Dunn AS, Garcia DA, Jacobson A, Jaffer AK, Kong DF, Schulman S, Turpie AG, Hasselblad V, Ortel TL; BRIDGE Investigators
- N Engl J Med. 2015 Aug 27;373(9):823-33.
Rationale for inclusion: Anticoagulation for AFIB.
Citations - 301 (as of July 2017)
- Updates and current recommendations for the management of patients with non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes: what it means for clinical practice.
- Cayla G, Silvain J, Collet JP, Montalescot G.
- Am J Cardiol. 2015 Mar 14;115(5 Suppl):10A-22A.
Rationale for inclusion: Management of NSTEMI.
Citations - 10 (as of July 2017)
- 2012 HRS/EHRA/ECAS expert consensus statement on catheter and surgical ablation of atrial fibrillation: recommendations for patient selection, procedural techniques, patient management and follow-up, definitions, endpoints, and research trial design.
- Calkins H, Kuck KH, Cappato R, Brugada J, Camm AJ, Chen SA, Crijns HJ, Damiano RJ Jr, Davies DW, DiMarco J, Edgerton J, Ellenbogen K, Ezekowitz MD, Haines DE, Haissaguerre M, Hindricks G, Iesaka Y, Jackman W, Jalife J, Jais P, Kalman J, Keane D, Kim YH, Kirchhof P, Klein G, Kottkamp H, Kumagai K, Lindsay BD, Mansour M, Marchlinski FE, McCarthy PM, Mont JL, Morady F, Nademanee K, Nakagawa H, Natale A, Nattel S, Packer DL, Pappone C, Prystowsky E, Raviele A, Reddy V, Ruskin JN, Shemin RJ, Tsao HM, Wilber D.
- J Interv Card Electrophysiol. 2012 Mar;33(2):171-257.
Rationale for inclusion: Guidelines for surgical ablation of atrial fibrillation.
Citations - 2388 (as of July 2017)
- Prevention of VTE in orthopedic surgery patients: Antithrombotic Therapy and Prevention of Thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Falck-Ytter Y, Francis CW, Johanson NA, Curley C, Dahl OE, Schulman S, Ortel TL, Pauker SG, Colwell CW Jr.
- Chest. 2012 Feb;141(2 Suppl):e278S-325S.
Rationale for inclusion: Chest guidelines for prevention of VTE in ortho patients.
Citations - 1020 (as of July 2017)
- Prevention of VTE in nonorthopedic surgical patients: Antithrombotic Therapy and Prevention of Thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Gould MK, Garcia DA, Wren SM, Karanicolas PJ, Arcelus JI, Heit JA, Samama CM.
- Chest. 2012 Feb;141(2 Suppl):e227S-77S.
Rationale for inclusion: Chest guidelines for prevention of VTE in non-ortho patients.
Citations - 934 (as of July 2017)
- Randomized trial of atorvastatin for reduction of postoperative atrial fibrillation in patients undergoing cardiac surgery: results of the ARMYDA-3 (Atorvastatin for Reduction of MYocardial Dysrhythmia After cardiac surgery) study.
- Patti G, Chello M, Candura D, Pasceri V, D'Ambrosio A, Covino E, Di Sciascio G.
- Circulation. 2006 Oct 3;114(14):1455-61.
Rationale for inclusion: Role of statins in the reduction of AFIB after cardiac surgery.
Citations - 698 (as of July 2017)
- Drug-eluting stent thrombosis: results from a pooled analysis including 10 randomized studies.
- Moreno R, Fernández C, Hernández R, Alfonso F, Angiolillo DJ, Sabaté M, Escaned J, Bañuelos C, Fernández-Ortiz A, Macaya C.
- J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005 Mar 15;45(6):954-9.
Rationale for inclusion: Meta-analysis of the risk of stent thrombosis in DES.
Citations - 665 (as of July 2017)
- A multicenter risk index for atrial fibrillation after cardiac surgery.
- Mathew JP, Fontes ML, Tudor IC, Ramsay J, Duke P, Mazer CD, Barash PG, Hsu PH, Mangano DT; Investigators of the Ischemia Research and Education Foundation; Multicenter Study of Perioperative Ischemia Research Group.
- JAMA. 2004 Apr 14;291(14):1720-9.
Rationale for inclusion: Model to predict development of AFIB after CABG.
Citations - 857 (as of July 2017)
- Preoperative amiodarone as prophylaxis against atrial fibrillation after heart surgery.
- Daoud EG, Strickberger SA, Man KC, Goyal R, Deeb GM, Bolling SF, Pagani FD, Bitar C, Meissner MD, Morady F.
- N Engl J Med. 1997 Dec 18;337(25):1785-91.
Rationale for inclusion: One of several attempts to reduce the risk of AFIB after cardiac surgery.
Citations - 587 (as of July 2017)
- Atrial fibrillation following coronary artery bypass graft surgery: predictors, outcomes, and resource utilization. MultiCenter Study of Perioperative Ischemia Research Group.
- Mathew JP, Parks R, Savino JS, Friedman AS, Koch C, Mangano DT, Browner WS.
- JAMA. 1996 Jul 24-31;276(4):300-6.
Rationale for inclusion: A multicenter prospective observational study on the epidemiology of atrial fibrillation after CABG.
Citations - 796 (as of July 2017)
- A randomized comparison of antiplatelet and anticoagulant therapy after the placement of coronary-artery stents.
- Schömig A, Neumann FJ, Kastrati A, Schühlen H, Blasini R, Hadamitzky M, Walter H, Zitzmann-Roth EM, Richardt G, Alt E, Schmitt C, Ulm K.
- N Engl J Med. 1996 Apr 25;334(17):1084-9.
Rationale for inclusion: Antiplatelets resulted in reduced incidence of cardiac events and hemorrhagic events after stent placement.
Citations - 2031 (as of July 2017)
- Efficacy of low doses of heparin in prevention of deep-vein thrombosis after major surgery. A double-blind, randomised trial.
- Kakkar VV, Corrigan T, Spindler J, Fossard DP, Flute PT, Crellin RQ, Wessler S, Yin ET.
- Lancet. 1972 Jul 15;2(7768):101-6.
Rationale for inclusion: Old but early RCT of low dose heparin in prevention of PE.
Citations - 377 (as of July 2017)