CV - Hemodynamic Monitoring & Resuscitation
- Trial of early, goal-directed resuscitation for septic shock.
- Mouncey PR, Osborn TM, Power GS, Harrison DA, Sadique MZ, Grieve RD, Jahan R, Harvey SE, Bell D, Bion JF, Coats TJ, Singer M, Young JD, Rowan KM; ProMISe Trial Investigators.
- N Engl J Med. 2015 Apr 2;372(14):1301-11.
Rationale for inclusion: Challenge of effect on outcomes of EGDT in septic shock.
Citations - 608 (as of July 2017)
- Consensus on circulatory shock and hemodynamic monitoring. Task force of the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine.
- Cecconi M, De Backer D, Antonelli M, Beale R, Bakker J, Hofer C, Jaeschke R, Mebazaa A, Pinsky MR, Teboul JL, Vincent JL, Rhodes A.
- Intensive Care Med. 2014 Dec;40(12):1795-815.
Rationale for inclusion: 44 statements on the monitoring of shock in the ICU.
Citations - 323 (as of July 2017)
- Effects of fluid resuscitation with colloids vs crystalloids on mortality in critically ill patients presenting with hypovolemic shock: the CRISTAL randomized trial.
- Annane D, Siami S, Jaber S, Martin C, Elatrous S, Declère AD, Preiser JC, Outin H, Troché G, Charpentier C, Trouillet JL, Kimmoun A, Forceville X, Darmon M, Lesur O, Reignier J, Abroug F, Berger P, Clec'h C, Cousson J, Thibault L, Chevret S; CRISTAL Investigators.
- JAMA. 2013 Nov 6;310(17):1809-17.
Rationale for inclusion: Colloids vs crystalloid for resuscitation of patients in hypovolemic shock.
Citations - 367 (as of July 2017)
- Colloids versus crystalloids for fluid resuscitation in critically ill patients.
- Perel P, Roberts I, Ker K.
- Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013 Feb 28;(2):CD000567.
Rationale for inclusion: Recent Cochrane review of RCT evaluating crystalloids vs colloids.
Citations - 647 (as of July 2017)
- Hydroxyethyl starch or saline for fluid resuscitation in intensive care.
- Myburgh JA, Finfer S, Bellomo R, Billot L, Cass A, Gattas D, Glass P, Lipman J, Liu B, McArthur C, McGuinness S, Rajbhandari D, Taylor CB, Webb SA; CHEST Investigators; Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Society Clinical Trials Group.
- N Engl J Med. 2012 Nov 15;367(20):1901-11.
Rationale for inclusion: No difference in mortality but increase RRT in HES patients.
Citations - 1057 (as of July 2017)
- Fluid resuscitation in septic shock: a positive fluid balance and elevated central venous pressure are associated with increased mortality.
- Boyd JH, Forbes J, Nakada TA, Walley KR, Russell JA.
- Crit Care Med. 2011 Feb;39(2):259-65.
Rationale for inclusion: Effect of positive fluids balance in the ICU on mortality.
Citations - 818 (as of July 2017)
- American College of Chest Physicians/La Société de Réanimation de Langue Française statement on competence in critical care ultrasonography.
- Mayo PH, Beaulieu Y, Doelken P, Feller-Kopman D, Harrod C, Kaplan A, Oropello J, Vieillard-Baron A, Axler O, Lichtenstein D, Maury E, Slama M, Vignon P.
- Chest. 2009 Apr;135(4):1050-60.
Rationale for inclusion: Guidelines for use of bedside US in the assessment of resuscitation of ICU patients.
Citations - 386 (as of July 2017)
- Echocardiographic prediction of volume responsiveness in critically ill patients with spontaneously breathing activity.
- Lamia B, Ochagavia A, Monnet X, Chemla D, Richard C, Teboul JL.
- Intensive Care Med. 2007 Jul;33(7):1125-32.
Rationale for inclusion: Monitoring of volume responsiveness using echo and raise leg test.
Citations - 237 (as of July 2017)
- Prospective, randomized trial comparing fluids and dobutamine optimization of oxygen delivery in high-risk surgical patients.
- Lobo SM, Lobo FR, Polachini CA, Patini DS, Yamamoto AE, de Oliveira NE, Serrano P, Sanches HS, Spegiorin MA, Queiroz MM, Christiano AC Jr, Savieiro EF, Alvarez PA, Teixeira SP, Cunrath GS.
- Crit Care. 2006;10(3):R72.
Rationale for inclusion: Optimizing cardiac output to improve oxygen delivery in resuscitation.
Citations - 89 (as of July 2017)
- Transthoracic echocardiography to identify or exclude cardiac cause of shock.
- Joseph MX, Disney PJ, Da Costa R, Hutchison SJ.
- Chest. 2004 Nov;126(5):1592-7.
Rationale for inclusion: Sensitivity and specificity of TTE in evaluate cardiac cause of shock.
Citations - 194 (as of July 2017)
- Respiratory changes in inferior vena cava diameter are helpful in predicting fluid responsiveness in ventilated septic patients.
- Barbier C, Loubières Y, Schmit C, Hayon J, Ricôme JL, Jardin F, Vieillard-Baron A.
- Intensive Care Med. 2004 Sep;30(9):1740-6.
Rationale for inclusion: Monitoring of volume responsiveness using IVC change in diameter.
Citations - 573 (as of July 2017)
- A comparison of albumin and saline for fluid resuscitation in the intensive care unit.
- Finfer S, Bellomo R, Boyce N, French J, Myburgh J, Norton R; SAFE Study Investigators.
- N Engl J Med. 2004 May 27;350(22):2247-56.
Rationale for inclusion: Classic trial comparing albumin and saline in resuscitation.
Citations - 2338 (as of July 2017)
- A randomized, controlled trial of the use of pulmonary-artery catheters in high-risk surgical patients.
- Sandham JD, Hull RD, Brant RF, Knox L, Pineo GF, Doig CJ, Laporta DP, Viner S, Passerini L, Devitt H, Kirby A, Jacka M; Canadian Critical Care Clinical Trials Group.
- N Engl J Med. 2003 Jan 2;348(1):5-14.
Rationale for inclusion: No benefit of Swan-Ganz catheters.
Citations - 1336 (as of July 2017)
- Early goal-directed therapy in the treatment of severe sepsis and septic shock.
- Rivers E, Nguyen B, Havstad S, Ressler J, Muzzin A, Knoblich B, Peterson E, Tomlanovich M; Early Goal-Directed Therapy Collaborative Group.
- N Engl J Med. 2001 Nov 8;345(19):1368-77.
Rationale for inclusion: First article describing EGDT in the resuscitation of septic patients.
Citations - 9545 (as of July 2017)
- Crystalloids vs. colloids in fluid resuscitation: a systematic review.
- Choi PT, Yip G, Quinonez LG, Cook DJ.
- Crit Care Med. 1999 Jan;27(1):200-10.
Rationale for inclusion: Systemic review of studies evaluating choice of resuscitation fluids until 1999.
Citations - 778 (as of July 2017)