GI - Liver: Hepatorenal syndrome
- Hepatorenal syndrome: Update on diagnosis and treatment.
- Baraldi O, Valentini C, Donati G, Comai G, Cuna V, Capelli I, Angelini ML, Moretti MI, Angeletti A, Piscaglia F, La Manna G.
- World J Nephrol. 2015 Nov 6;4(5):511-20.
Rationale for inclusion: Good summary of current treatment modalities (the usual standbys of terlipressin and albumin).
Citations - 14 (as of July 2017)
- Transplantation of cadaveric kidneys from patients with hepatorenal syndrome. Evidence for the functionalnature of renal failure in advanced liver disease.
- Koppel MH, Coburn JW, Mims MM, Goldstein H, Boyle JD, Rubini ME.
- N Engl J Med. 1969 Jun 19;280(25):1367-71.
Rationale for inclusion: Landmark surgical proof of concept that the kidneys are not the culprit in hepatorenal syndrome.
Citations - 322 (as of July 2017)
- Liver trauma and the hepatorenal syndrome.
- Orr TG, Helwig FC.
- Ann Surg. 1939 Oct;110(4):682-92.
Rationale for inclusion: This is a review of five cases of liver trauma complicated by renal failure. Interesting also as a window into the studies and imaging available at the time.
Citations - 33 (as of July 2017)