Neuro - Spinal Cord Injury
- Mean Arterial Blood Pressure Correlates with Neurological Recovery after Human Spinal Cord Injury: Analysis of High Frequency Physiologic Data.
- Hawryluk G, Whetstone W, Saigal R, Ferguson A, Talbott J, Bresnahan J, Dhall S, Pan J, Beattie M, Manley G.
- J Neurotrauma. 2015 Dec 15;32(24):1958-67.
Rationale for inclusion: Use of MAPs to optimize spinal cord perfusion and optimize recovery from injury is studied in this paper.
Citations - 29 (as of July 2017)
- Monitoring of spinal cord perfusion pressure in acute spinal cord injury: initial findings of the injured spinal cord pressure evaluation study*.
- Werndle MC, Saadoun S, Phang I, Czosnyka M, Varsos GV, Czosnyka ZH, Smielewski P, Jamous A, Bell BA, Zoumprouli A, Papadopoulos MC.
- Crit Care Med. 2014 Mar;42(3):646-55.
Rationale for inclusion: Similar to cerebral perfusion pressure, spinal cord perfusion pressure is evaluated in this study, supporting its use.
Citations - 41 (as of July 2017)
- Incidence and clinical predictors for tracheostomy after cervical spinal cord injury: a National Trauma Databank review.
- Branco BC, Plurad D, Green DJ, Inaba K, Lam L, Cestero R, Bukur M, Demetriades D.
- J Trauma. 2011 Jan;70(1):111-5.
Rationale for inclusion: NTDB review giving light to tracheostomy needs following SCI.
Citations - 54 (as of July 2017)
- Multicenter analysis of diaphragm pacing in tetraplegics with cardiac pacemakers: positive implications for ventilator weaning in intensive care units.
- Onders RP, Khansarinia S, Weiser T, Chin C, Hungness E, Soper N, Dehoyos A, Cole T, Ducko C.
- Surgery. 2010 Oct;148(4):893-7; discussion 897-8.
Citations - 35 (as of July 2017)
- Early complications of high-dose methylprednisolone in acute spinal cord injury patients.
- Suberviola B, González-Castro A, Llorca J, Ortiz-Melón F, Miñambres E.
- Injury. 2008 Jul;39(7):748-52.
Rationale for inclusion: This paper supported the major change in practice away from giving steroids to all SCI patients.
Citations - 91 (as of July 2017)
- Magnetic resonance imaging for clearing the cervical spine in unconscious intensive care trauma patients.
- Ackland HM, Cooper DJ, Malham GM, Stuckey SL.
- J Trauma. 2006 Mar;60(3):668-73.
Rationale for inclusion: Contributing paper to the current practice patterns of MRI in clearing the cervical spine.
Citations - 25 (as of July 2017)
- Tracheostomy placement in patients with complete cervical spinal cord injuries: American Spinal Injury Association Grade A.
- Harrop JS, Sharan AD, Scheid EH Jr, Vaccaro AR, Przybylski GJ.
- J Neurosurg. 2004 Jan;100(1 Suppl Spine):20-3.
Rationale for inclusion: Timing of tracheostomy is an important component of SCI management.
Citations - 98 (as of July 2017)
- Predictors of hospital mortality and mechanical ventilation in patients with cervical spinal cord injury.
- Claxton AR, Wong DT, Chung F, Fehlings MG.
- Can J Anaesth. 1998 Feb;45(2):144-9.
Rationale for inclusion: This paper gives readers key components to prognostication following acute cervical spinal cord injury.
Citations - 124 (as of July 2017)