Vascular Injuries of the Torso
- A decade's experience with temporary intravascular shunts at a civilian level I trauma center.
- Subramanian A, Vercruysse G, Dente C, Wyrzykowski A, King E, Feliciano DV.
- J Trauma. 2008 Aug;65(2):316-24; discussion 324-6.
Rationale for inclusion: Ten year review of 101 temporary shunts.
CAVEAT: Includes extremity injuries
Citations - 90 (as of July 2017)
- Analysis of 185 iliac vessel injuries: risk factors and predictors of outcome.
- Asensio JA, Petrone P, Roldán G, Kuncir E, Rowe VL, Chan L, Shoemaker W, Berne TV.
- Arch Surg. 2003 Nov;138(11):1187-93; discussion 1193-4.
Rationale for inclusion: Describes 148 patients with 185 iliac vessel injuries with regression of factors related to survival. Describes mortality by AAST grade.
Citations - 50 (as of November 2017)
- Factors affecting mortality rates in patients with abdominal vascular injuries.
- Tyburski JG, Wilson RF, Dente C, Steffes C, Carlin AM.
- J Trauma. 2001 Jun;50(6):1020-6.
Rationale for inclusion: Describes 470 patients with abdominal vascular injuries. 45% mortality. Also describes types of injuries and risk factors for mortality.
Citations - 84 (as of July 2017)
- Operative management and outcome of 302 abdominal vascular injuries.
- Asensio JA, Chahwan S, Hanpeter D, Demetriades D, Forno W, Gambaro E, Murray J, Velmahos G, Marengo J, Shoemaker WC, Berne TV.
- Am J Surg. 2000 Dec;180(6):528-33; discussion 533-4.
Rationale for inclusion: Review of 302 patients with abdominal vascular injuries, describing mortality by AAST grade; also describes mortality of combined vascular injuries
Citations - 193 (as of July 2017)
- Major abdominal vascular trauma--a unified approach.
- Kashuk JL, Moore EE, Millikan JS, Moore JB.
- J Trauma. 1982 Aug;22(8):672-9.
Rationale for inclusion: Historical description of death from lethal triad secondary to vascular injury.
Citations - 280 (as of July 2017)
- Management of upper abdominal vascular trauma.
- Mattox KL, McCollum WB, Jordan GL Jr, Beall AC Jr, DeBakey ME.
- Am J Surg. 1974 Dec;128(6):823-8.
Rationale for inclusion: Describes management strategies for managing upper abdominal vascular trauma.
Citations - 80 (as of July 2017)