Geisinger - Trauma Surgery Posted May 6, 2019
Trauma Critical Care Surgeon
Geisinger’s Northeast Pennsylvania Trauma department is seeking BE/BC Critical Care Trauma Surgeons to join their state verified Level II Trauma Centers located in Wilkes-Barre & Scranton, Pennsylvania.
This is an outstanding opportunity for another member to join our team in providing care to patients in all three facets of Acute Care Surgery.
• In addition to providing coverage of the trauma service and surgical critical care, there is an active emergency general surgery service, with dedicated OR time
• Our Trauma dept includes eleven Critical Care Trauma Surgeons and a team of Physician Assistants assisting with the care of the patients in both the inpatient setting, and in the trauma/ emergency general surgery clinic
• The trauma program is supported by a surgical residency program
• Additional PI staff, outreach, and registry staff who facilitate patient care
• Employed position with Geisinger with a competitive salary
In addition to clinical responsibilities, the candidate will have the option to conduct clinical research and be involved in resident and medical student education with the potential for an academic appointment at the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine commensurate with your experience.
Living in Northeast Pennsylvania
• Safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, and Natural Beauty collide
• 2 hours to New York City and Philadelphia
• International Airport, Sporting Events, Ski Resorts, and Fine Dining
• 9 Universities and Graduate Institutions in the immediate area plus excellent public and private schools
• Local mountain range provides great fishing, skiing, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, and biking
• Enjoy a day trip to NYC, the Beach, or the mountains in the Poconos
• Progressive and diverse city region of over 550K
How to apply
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Denise Torres, Trauma System Director,Geisinger
Sarah Lipka, Provider Recruitment, Geisinger
firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-271-5406
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. EAST is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.