Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health Posted May 23, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: Under direction of the Trauma Medical Director or his designee, oversees certain aspects of the Trauma Program including but not limited to; clinical, critical care, education, performance improvement, pre-hospital, and Trauma Registry activities. These responsibilities, in coordination with the Trauma Program Medical Director shall be managed consistent with Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation standards and with those policies promulgated by Lancaster General Hospital and the Department of Surgery. Consults with the Trauma Program Medical Director (TPMD), as appropriate, in carrying out duties and responsibilities including setting of priorities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
• Patient Care, Policies, Procedures, and Admission Criteria: Facilitates, in conjunction with the TPMD, the utilization of patient care and admission criteria policies and procedures for the Lancaster General Hospital Trauma Program. Implements and assures compliance with all approved policies and procedures. Participates in the development of protocols and management guidelines necessary for the care of the trauma patient.
- Patient Care Management: In conjunction with the TPMD manages the medical and surgical care of trauma patients and intervenes on active cases where there are variances from the standard of care. Surgical assistant to the TPMD for elective trauma cases.
- Performance Improvement Activities: In conjunction with the TPMD is accountable for trauma related Quality and Performance Improvement activities such as:
*Evaluation of patient care and outcome data to provide direction and oversight at trauma service performance improvement meetings.
*Participation in Trauma Mortality and Morbidity (M & M) conference.
*Evaluation of Trauma Registry data appropriate to their provider outcomes and program outcomes
*Utilizes reviewed data and meeting results to improve the system of care.
• Continuing Medical Education: Participates in nationally recognized trauma forums and professional committees, which would enhance skills and abilities as trauma and critical care surgeon. Participates in trauma related educational programs (internal and external) for Health Professionals and the community. Participates as an ATLS Instructor.
• Physician Coverage: Provides coverage as defined by a mutually agreed upon schedule coordinated by the TPMD or delegate Participates as a member in the Lancaster General Hospital Trauma Service on-call roster.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
• Planning and Program Development: In conjunction with the TPMD and the Associate TPMD, identifies and recommends objectives for the Trauma Program consistent with Lancaster General Hospital goals.
• Represents: the Lancaster General Hospital Trauma Program at National, State, and Regional professional meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• M.D., or DO Fellowship trained in Trauma.
• Fellowship trained in critical care
• Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
• Board Certification in medical specialties of general surgery and surgical critical care within two (2) years of assuming position
• Advanced Trauma Life Support instructor certification within two (2) years of assuming position
• High level of interpersonal skills to allow effective communications with a wide variety of hospital personnel and physicians and the general public.
• Significant hospital-based surgery experience.
• A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
• Documented interest and experience in trauma education and research.
How to apply
Please contact Stew Sampsel, Physician Recruiter, at (717) 544-4107 or SSampsel2@LGHealth.org.
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. EAST is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.