East Carolina University Department of Surgery Posted Dec 18, 2018
Acute Care Surgeon
The East Carolina University Department of Surgery and the Center of Excellence for Trauma and Surgical Critical Care seeks applicants to fill the position of Acute Care Surgeon.
The successful candidate will join eight academic trauma surgeons to staff the Trauma Service, Surgical Critical Care team, and cover emergency general surgery at Vidant Medical Center, an ACS verified level 1 University Trauma Center. Clinical research is available and encouraged. Teaching opportunities exist for medical students, surgical and emergency medicine residents, and surgical critical care and trauma fellows.
Applicants should be board certified in general surgery and have completed a surgical critical care or acute care surgery fellowship and be either board certified or eligible in surgical critical care. Candidates with less than 5 years of experience with a special interest in research are desired. Tenure track may be available to qualified applicants.
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is over a 900-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.5 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,000) is a family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University, the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent school options
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
How to apply
For more information, email your CV to Amanda.Mercer@vidanthealth.com or call
To apply directly to the position - http://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/23669
600 Moye Blvd.
Greenville, NC 27834
|East Carolina University Department of Surgery
Acute Care Surgeon
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. EAST is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.