Baylor Scott & White Health Posted Jun 12, 2019
Trauma, Critical Care and Acute Care Surgeon Temple
Trauma, Critical Care and Acute Care Surgeon
Baylor Scott and White Medical Center - Temple
Baylor Scott and White Medical Center – Temple is seeking an outstanding academic Trauma / Critical Care Surgeon to join the Division of Acute Care Surgery, within the Department of Surgery at our flagship hospital in Temple, TX.
Candidates must be BC/BE in both General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
• Privileges at our ACS verified Level I Trauma facility in Temple, TX
• Joining a team of 7 trauma surgeons (2 acute care and 5 critical care)
• Responsible for all trauma and acute care surgery consults
• 24 hour Dedicated OR Suite to trauma and acute care surgery with no restriction to OR access
• Experience in laparoscopic surgery preferred
• Academic affiliation to Texas A&M College of Medicine
• Large general surgery residency program with resident coverage at all times.
• Home call for trauma and acute care surgery is possible
Baylor Scott and White also has a generous benefits package for clinical physicians. This will provide a number of other components, which add a considerable value to the total compensation, among them:
• Malpractice coverage
• Life, AD&D, disability and long term care insurance contributions
• Medical and dental contributions
• Annual retirement contribution
• Paid vacation and administrative (“CME”) leave
• Relocation allowance
• Academic funds (dues, fees, travel) provided pursuant to departmental and institutional CME fund policies
• MD/DO degree
• Fellowship training in Trauma, Surgical Critical Care or Acute Care Surgery
• Board Certification by the American Board of Surgery or Osteopathic Board Certification
• Texas Medical License
• Fellow of the American College of Surgeons when qualified
• ATLS; BLS/ACLS; and PALS
• Experience with the surgical care of trauma, acute surgical, and critical care patients
About Temple, TX
Maintaining the title of being the demographic center of Texas, within three hours of Dallas, Houston and San Antonio and only one hour from Austin, Temple offers the conveniences of a big city with the atmosphere of a small town. Situated on two of the most beautiful lakes in the Texas Hill Country, Temple provides its residents with a growing and vibrant economy, affordable homes and an outstanding public and private school system.
About Baylor Scott and White Health System - Central Texas
Baylor Health Care System, based in Dallas, and Scott & White Healthcare, based in Temple, Texas, have formed a new organization that combines the strengths of their two nationally recognized health systems. For an industry undergoing fundamental changes, Baylor Scott and White Health provides a new vision and more resources, offering patients continued exceptional care. Baylor Scott and White Health includes 49 hospitals, more than 900 patient care access sites, more than 6,000 affiliated physicians, 40,000 plus employees and the Scott and White health plan.
How to apply
Please direct all inquiries, applications, and referrals to:
Stanley J. Kurek, DO FACS
Division Director, Trauma, Critical Care and Acute Care Surgery
Department of Surgery – Baylor Scott and White Health
Email - Stanley.Kurek@BSWHealth.org
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. EAST is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.