Southcoast Health Posted Aug 7, 2019
New Bedford, MA
Acute Care / Trauma Surgeon
Southcoast Health Trauma Center is a new program and will be the only regional trauma center on the southeastern coast of Massachusetts.
• Join existing group of Trauma / ACS surgeons with experienced leadership.
• 24/7 support from advanced practice providers
• This is an exciting opportunity to develop and grow a new program in a geographic area of need.
• Emergency Department sees over 90,000 patients annually with a significant volume of both blunt and penetrating trauma.
• Opportunity to learn about trauma center design, program implementation and development.
• Clinical responsibilities will include an equal balance of all three aspects of Acute Care Surgery with a favorable work-life balance in a highly supportive environment
• Competitive salary with productivity-based incentives
• Sign-on/Retention Bonus Program
• Excellent benefit package including; 41 days PTO and 6% match on retirement after 2 years
• Relocation assistance
• Malpractice coverage of $2M / $6M
• Board certified or board eligible in Acute Care Surgery with completion of US residency & fellowship
• Excellent work life balance
• Four-season coastal living with surf, sand, trails and a whole host of outdoor activities
• Multi-cultural communities with great family-oriented neighborhoods
• Excellent private and public schools
• Situated 60 minutes south of Boston, 30 minutes west of Cape Cod and 30 minutes southeast of Providence, RI with convenient access to major highways
About Southcoast Health
Southcoast Health is one of the largest and fastest growing health systems in New England. Since its inception in 1996, Southcoast has become a sought-after destination for health care professionals. As a thriving part of the New England medical community, Southcoast Health offers practice excellence in an environment you want to call home.
Southcoast Health includes Southcoast Physicians Group, with more than 500 providers and continuing to grow. This integrated multi-specialty group spans our three hospitals in Southeastern Massachusetts and extends into parts of Rhode Island. We strive to recognize each community's identity while sharing one mission: To care for and improve the health and to promote the wellness of the individuals and communities we serve.
Southcoast Health provides advanced clinical services, such as open heart surgery, angioplasty and heart rhythm services, comprehensive cancer care, neurosurgery, weight loss surgery, hand surgery, orthopedic surgery, advanced imaging services and is the only provider of maternity services in the region.
Southcoast Health is a not-for-profit charitable organization that depends on the support of the community to provide services. More information is available online at www.southcoast.org
Connect to Southcoast through social media at www.southcoast.org/connect/
How to apply
Email CV to Holly Lestage @ firstname.lastname@example.org
101 Page Street
New Bedford, MA 02740
Acute Care / Trauma Surgeon
|New Bedford, MA|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. EAST is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.