Leadership Development Workshop Scholarship
DO YOU WANT TO BE A TRAUMA LEADER?
In an effort to recognize early career trauma leaders, EAST seeks members who are interested in becoming future leaders in trauma and acute care surgery. To aid in the development of these leaders, EAST selects up to five individuals each year to sponsor their course tuition for the three-year Leadership Development Workshop series. It is anticipated that individuals who apply for this scholarship will commit to participating in the three-year Leadership Development Workshop series.
Application submission deadline: October 31, 2021
Application Process and Criteria
- Must be a member of EAST not more than seven years out of residency or fellowship training.
- Must submit a current CV and demonstrate evidence of commitment to the field of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery.
- Must submit a letter of intent relative to their aspirations in the field of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery.
- Must submit a 250-word essay on the role of EAST in developing the leaders of tomorrow.
- Must submit a letter of support from either the Trauma Chief or Department Chairman.
- All required information (including letters of recommendation) must be received by the deadline.
Applications for this scholarship must be submitted using the online system. Please contact Christine Eme at the EAST Administrative Offices at email@example.com or by phone at 312.202.5508 for information on the application process.
The 2020 workshop was held during the 33rd EAST Annual Scientific Assembly on Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort in Orlando, Florida. Click here for the 2020 workshop schedule. The 2021 workshop was not held due to COVID-19.