Leadership Development Workshop Scholarship
DO YOU WANT TO BE A TRAUMA LEADER?
In an effort to recognize early career trauma leaders, EAST seeks members who are interested in becoming future leaders in trauma and acute care surgery. To aid in the development of these leaders, EAST selects up to five individuals each year to sponsor their course tuition for the three-year Leadership Development Workshop series. It is anticipated that individuals who apply for this scholarship will commit to participating in the three-year Leadership Development Workshop series.
Application submission deadline: October 31, 2021.
Application Process and Criteria
- Must be a member of EAST not more than seven years out of residency or fellowship training.
- Must submit a current CV and demonstrate evidence of commitment to the field of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery.
- Must submit a letter of intent relative to their aspirations in the field of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery.
- Must submit a 250-word essay on the role of EAST in developing the leaders of tomorrow.
- Must submit a letter of support from either the Trauma Chief or Department Chairman.
- All required information (including letters of recommendation) must be received by the deadline.
Submit Your Application - You will be required to sign in to your Member Profile to access the application
Applications for this scholarship must be submitted using the online system. Please contact Christine Eme at the EAST Administrative Offices at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 312.202.5508 for information on the application process.
The 2022 workshop is scheduled to take place during the 35th EAST Annual Scientific Assembly on Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at the JW Marriott Austin in Austin, Texas. Click here for the 2022 workshop schedule (subject to change).