University of California, Irvine Medical Center
Affiliated with University of California, Irvine School of Medicine — Orange, CA
- Trauma only
- Critical Care only
- Trauma & Critical Care
- Acute Care Surgery
- Advanced Practitioner
- Duration: 1 year
- Positions available: 3
- Salary: PGY 6
- Program Director: Matthew Dolich, MD, FACS
Last updated: January 19, 2021
UC Irvine Medical Center is an ACS-verified Level I Trauma and Burn Center with over 2300 annual admissions. There are over 3600 annual admissions to the intensive care unit with a broad range of surgical pathology. Extensive exposure to trauma resuscitation, operative management, and ICU procedures is provided. The faculty consists of 9 surgeons all board-certified in Surgical Critical Care.
Program started 1994
How to apply
Qualifications: - SAFAS Application
- Personal Statement
- 3 Letters of recommendation
- USMLE transcript
- ABSITE transcript
-Applicants from international medical schools must have a valid California post-graduate training authorization letter (PTAL) and be ECFMG certified at time of application.
- DO applicants must have completed USMLE steps 1 and 2
- A valid unrestricted California Medical License (or eligible to apply) and must be licensed by 8/1 of the academic year you will start.
- Unexpired ATLS and ACLS status of 8/1 of the academic year you will start.
Surgical Critical Care and Acute Care Surgery Fellowship Application Service (SAFAS)
About the hospital
- Beds: 424
- ICU beds: 6000
- Annual ED visits: 55000
- Annual trauma admissions: 4000
- Trauma faculty: 10
- Penetrating trauma: 8%
101 The City Drive
Orange, CA 92868
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. EAST is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.