STN/EAST Nurse Fellow Program Application Deadline
Aug 3, 2020
The purpose of the program is to provide exposure of trauma nurses to the EAST Annual Scientific Assembly, taking place January 12-16, 2021 at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, and to gain access to key leaders in trauma care.
The Nurse Fellow will be supported for travel, hotel and registration fees made possible by donations to the EAST Development Fund. The successful candidate(s) will be assigned a mentor who will assist the fellow with designing a plan for programs to attend and interviews with leaders. Daily, the Nurse Fellow will write a “news brief” or “blog” that will be sent out via electronic blasts and highlight programs and events from the day. The Fellow will also author an editorial that will be run in the Journal of Trauma Nursing following the meeting to summarize their experience and put out the call for future Nurse Fellows. Mentoring from the JTN Editorial Review Board will be provided. The Nurse Fellow will be introduced during the Scientific Assembly and at both the STN Networking Reception and the EAST Awards Ceremony.
The call for nominations will close on August 3, 2020.
- To expose trauma nurses to the EAST Scientific Assembly.
- To promote inter-professional collaboration of trauma care clinicians/leaders.
- To provide concurrent summaries of daily activities and programs at the EAST Scientific Assembly through the daily briefs or blogs from the Nurse Fellow.
- To promote the work of EAST and facilitate trauma nurse contributions.
- Candidates must have an active (or pursuing) associate membership with EAST, and must maintain an active membership with STN.
- The ideal candidate is a trauma nurse who is beginning their aspirations in moving forward in the profession of trauma care. These aspirations can include advancing their education, participation in a national committee, participation in research or obtaining a position of leadership within the trauma arena. They are the up and coming “shining stars” in trauma.
- A review committee will review all applications and the STN Board of Directors will provide the names of suitable fellow candidates to EAST for their review and support.
The EAST Development Committee will have final determination of the Nurse Fellow candidate. A seasoned nurse Mentor will be selected from the STN/EAST committee to work with the Nurse Fellow.
Fellow Responsibilities/Key Activities:
- Attend daily programs, workshops during the EAST Scientific Assembly.
- Summarize key learnings from selected sessions on a daily basis.
- Interview participants and select faculty at various sessions.
- Prepare a daily brief/blog to be sent out via email blasts and posted to the STN website. (All briefs/blogs will be reviewed by the Nurse Mentor and the STN Executive Director). Daily posts will include links to EAST with contribution information.
Nurse Fellow will prepare an editorial for the Journal of Trauma Nursing. The call for nominations will close on August 3, 2020.