Practical Points for Advancing Your Professional Career.
Welcome to the EAST Careercasts. The Careercasts are a series of audio interviews with leaders in the field designed to provide you with practical information regarding career development, leadership and career challenges.
Have an idea for a Careercast? Submit a proposal.
Listen in Apple Podcasts Listen in Spotify Listen in Google Podcasts Subscribe
Podcasts Currently Available
- Critical Care
- Grab Bag
- Injury Prevention
- Professional Development
- Violence and Injury Prevention
- Rural Trauma
- Burn Surgery
- Surgery Engineering
- Developing and Building a Practice for MIS in the Full Breadth of Surgery - Careercast #41
Developing and Building a Practice for MIS in the Full Breadth of Surgery
In this EAST Careercast, Dr. Ruby Skinner interviews Drs. Matthew Martin and Andrea Pakula on implementing MIS into your surgery practice. Drs. Martin and Pakula provide insights, suggestions and recommendations covering developing your MIS skillset, credentialing, and resources and pathways for establishing expertise in MIS. Both discuss how they have applied MIS in their respective Acute Care Surgery practice and provide an overview of types of cases where they use MIS, thoughts on future applications of MIS and how it will be applied to trauma.
- www.websurg.com- Excellent site for MIS videos, lectures, technique guides, etc.
- www.giblib.com- Site has many high quality surgical MIS videos
- SAGES video library- Excellent archive of talks, videos, guidelines
- www.davincisurgerycommunity.com- Robotic videos, online training, case cards for robotic procedures
- AIS Channel (Advances In Surgery Channel)- Great site with live surgeries
- SAGES Masters Program Facebook Collaboratives
- Listen Download
DISCLAIMER: THIS WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED TO, AND DOES NOT, PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. All health care content available on or through this website is presented by the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma ("EAST") for general informational purposes only and must not be regarded as a substitute for advice, diagnosis or treatment by a professional health care provider. THE EAST DOES NOT RECOMMEND OR ENDORSE, AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY RELATING TO, any particular products, procedures, opinions or other information presented or referred to on or through this website(including but not limited to the content of any advertisement), except for any statements specifically identified as expressing a policy or position officially approved by EAST.